Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a set of beach bars on my 15 Vintage. I am 6' and comfortable on with my stock bars but really don't care for the look. Does anyone have a side by side comparison photo between stock bars and the beach bars or photos of Chiefs with the beach bars on them. Also any reviews would be helpful.

Also has anyone installed them? I have done several H-D's (internally wired) so I was going to tackle it myself.

With the X-mas special of $25.00 off $150.00 seems like a good time to get them. Thank you

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have and love them. The wide stance is what I prefer and it dates back to the old Indians look in my opinion

·
Registered
154 Posts
Changing them out was fairly simply. a lot easier than I expected. If you've done some HDs in the past this will be a breeze

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
I put Beach bars on my Scout. I really love the look and the handling. I think it would make the Vintage look great. These bikes are modern marvels with a retro look. I would go for it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Really wish there were some options, last bike came stock with beach type bars. Had them gone within a week. They hurt my wrists. I put on 9 inch mini apes. Loved the look, and comfort. Would like something similar, but right now looks like my options are stock, beach, or 16 inch apes.....not a fan of any of them!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Beach bars look BEAUTIFUL on our bikes. I got to feel them out on a friends ride, I didn't like how my wrist hit them compared to stock, so I can't see myself getting them. Mini apes look pretty nice on our rides, but I don't want to run longer lines to make them work....I am lazy haha. The stock bars fit me really nicely. I did adjust them 1.5" up(measured from ground before and after) and that helped with comfort, but sometimes I will get a pain in one of the shoulders, which is weird....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. I think I will pull the trigger on these later tonight.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. I think I will pull the trigger on these later tonight.
Have a look at " Beach bars; plunge taken". from last month. I am the same height and you might find some of the feedback interesting. (Unless you've already taken the plunge,that is, and are already enjoying them). Good luck and Happy Christmas.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Time to revive this thread! OK so I just got a Chief Vintage and I love the look of the beach bars, but I'm concerned that the wrist angle will be uncomfortable. After six months of no activity... are there any new opinions on these bars?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Time to revive this thread! OK so I just got a Chief Vintage and I love the look of the beach bars, but I'm concerned that the wrist angle will be uncomfortable. After six months of no activity... are there any new opinions on these bars?
I had me beach bars installed prior to delivery, so I can't comment on the stock bars. What I would say is that the beach bars provide a very natural wrist and hand position, and I've never experienced anything close to wrist fatigue. I'm 6'2" and I found that the bars would have been better 2-3" shorter, forcing me to lean forward into the wind. This was solved by installing a Mustang seat that sat me back 2".

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Had the beach bars on my 14 Vintage, dealer gave me option to switch out when I bought 16 Vintage, but decided not to. Love-Love the look, but have to admit I could never get used to the wrist angle. They made my hands go numb on long rides. Also I'm 6'1 and felt the bars were positioned a little to far back for me. Kept the original bars on my 2016 Vintage and they feel much more comfortable. Its all a matter of preference, but you might want to try a bike with them before you spend the money. Wish I did, would be a couple hundred dollars richer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts