Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am weighing the options of doing aftermarket 6.5's all the way around. The only thing I am not sure of is what connections the back of the head unit has. I was just wondering if anyone has info or pictures of how standard speaker wires would plug into the back of the head unit. Thanks.

Disclaimer: I am fully aware of the plug and play powerband audio option, just exploring all of my options.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,297 Posts
From what I've seen this isn't a typical head unit. It might be easier to connect to the factory speaker connection. I don't use Facebook but there was a guy on there that did a lot of cool things with his. He put a couple of 8's and a 10 if I remember right. There's a separate amp for the saddlebag speakers. You might be able to tap into that connector. It's most likely an MX150 connector.

Edit: I just went and looked at the service manual and you can get to the pre-amp signals. My guess would be that you could get them from the amp connector. From there you would just need a different amp.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've seen this isn't a typical head unit. It might be easier to connect to the factory speaker connection. I don't use Facebook but there was a guy on there that did a lot of cool things with his. He put a couple of 8's and a 10 if I remember right. There's a separate amp for the saddlebag speakers. You might be able to tap into that connector. It's most likely an MX150 connector.

Edit: I just went and looked at the service manual and you can get to the pre-amp signals. My guess would be that you could get them from the amp connector. From there you would just need a different amp.
Link?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,297 Posts
To what specificly? I happened to see it in passing on Facebook and I don't have an account. For the service manual, I have a physical copy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts