Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I experienced no issues on my Challenger with 6500 miles on it, and have had all the updates from Indian including the stage 1 mods (intake and mufflers), it was 93 degrees in Las Vegas and I decided to take a local ride around town to enjoy riding in a t-shirt and a brain bucket. I noticed the idle would arbitrarily drop 400 rpms while sitting at a stop light. It happened about 50% of the time and I would blip the throttle to keep the bike from stalling at the light. My guess is that it would have stalled once or twice which would be an annoyance. I checked traffic temperature and it was between 200-220F. While freeway temps remained at 182 once sustained with good airflow. It would be nice to get some feedback from the factory and from some mechanics out there.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,289 Posts
Was the rear cylinder disable kicking on? Mine did that to me the other day and startled me for a min. It should show the icon on the top left corner of the screen.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  1. I rode today again mostly open road. I stopped for gas. Restarted it. Let it idle for 10 seconds hot while I played with my phone. It died because of that occasional jump down at idle. It restarted immediately. I just want to know what would cause this condition. Otherwise everything is working great. It was 86-94 degrees. Low 90's when it happened. Sport mode 100% of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts