Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
On my R1200GSA I rest my legs across the jugs to change position (nice on cold winter rides). I also have highway pegs on the crash bars which give another position. However, the big boxer will be much wider than my GS, so remains to be seen how many other options for legs on long rides there will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
I loved riding my BMW K1600B. Best handling touring bike out there, and for comfort is even better than the Roadmaster. But, I sold it. Bought a Harley twin cam softail. Makes no sense, but I just love American V-twin cruisers and there is only so much space in the garage and time to ride, and so Indian and Harley get the nod. There is nothing rational about this, it is all feeling

·
Bronze member
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I loved riding my BMW K1600B. Best handling touring bike out there, and for comfort is even better than the Roadmaster. But, I sold it. Bought a Harley twin cam softail. Makes no sense, but I just love American V-twin cruisers and there is only so much space in the garage and time to ride, and so Indian and Harley get the nod. There is nothing rational about this, it is all feeling
Wow...can’t believe you sold that K1600B torque monster. That bike is a beast.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Awesome to ride for sure. The transmission recall set the trade in motion. Just prior to the recall, my local BMW dealer got out of powersports completely. I was left without a certified BMW service center, and if you know these bikes (and are not mechanically inclined), that can be tough. So then recall comes and BMW states that a rear wheel lock up is possible - but they don't yet know how to fix. There was stop sale on all K1600's, but not a stop ride. I continued to ride some, but it was not the same. Even if the chance is very small, it is not worth that kind of accident and I was unable to find the true prevalence of the issue. BMW was horrible with communication. During this time, the bike notified me that it was time for oil change - by date, not mileage. So I called BMW and asked for some very minor concessions (an oil change) and was rejected - but maybe I was looking for that final straw to break. No dealer, annoying customer service, risk of serious accident...that was enough for me to just get out. I have a roadmaster and don't have time for the kind of long trips these bikes are made for anyway, so it was not a big loss. I had come to the conclusion that between the two touring bikes if I could only have one, hands down the roadmaster.

·
Bronze member
1,951 Posts
Your experience is invaluable to someone who is considering this new boxer.
I would be a buyer if they built the retro concept version they showed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Funny ... I traded in my 2015 Roadmaster and had the opportunity to try out both the Challenger and the BMW 1600 tour fully loaded . I was very impressed with both but the Challenger was more comfortable and a better looking bike in my opinion. I have no manufacturing loyalty at all. I’m so impressed with the Challenger just wish they could have better Apple play inter connectivity options like the Honda Goldwing ( another great bike )

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very nice; I bet I'd like it even more than the naked. The bags and fairing probably help the proportions. I'd rather the feet weren't quite as far forward though. And I'd rather have a bit more room in the bags than that very slanted front end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts