Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patiently awaiting delivery on my Scout that was ordered back in August. Checking the forum every day to see when deliveries start coming in. Had a 2010 HD XR1200 with 90HP is close in comparison with the Scout. Would like to see some track racing between the two, but the MOCO decided to eliminate it from their models in 2012. Did like the seating position on the HD but the seat on the Scout is more comfortable and handling is better.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
In the same boat...waiting for December. I sold my HD Softail Deluxe last month and currently am a pedestrian :( I believe on a forum like this I can get the earliest indication of when the Scouts are shipped. Picking mine up in Lincoln NE, probably on a trailer as expect pretty cold

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
I would say that except for the hp and displacement the bikes have little in common. The XR, a great bike by the way, is derived from perhaps the best dirt tracker of all times (XR750) and Evel Knievel's bike of choice. The bike didn't sell well in the US but over in Europe some of the nicest builds have been based on the XR. While some of us will push the limit of the Scout, performance wise, and you can be assured that I will track it myself, it's a smallish cruiser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts