Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the commerative promo package contains? I was told it comes with Scout preorders, but no info on what it contains.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Anyone know what the commerative promo package contains? I was told it comes with Scout preorders, but no info on what it contains.
know what you ment. No one really knows, but on some of the other thread say a clock and a plack were received of other bikes. Main complaint is the clock color no longer matches the bike.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Thanks for pointing out my error.
Well, thanks for playing along.

Round here, it's mostly the numbers which our own USPS has trouble with. Neighbors get our mail and we get theirs.

But as for the commemorative package, all the dealer could tell me was a plaque. I hope it's more than that. Don't need a plaque. My teeth already have plaque. All around, there seem to be way more secrets kept than could conceivably be in any way necessary.

·
Registered
558 Posts
All around, there seem to be way more secrets kept than could conceivably be in any way necessary.
I really don't think they have a clue webmost. Dealers haven't exactly been consistent with the knowledge. Just as well because likely they'd get our hopes up only to be entirely wrong yet again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A plaque and a piss on Harley sticker!!

I have heard a plaque. Someone who works for polaris told me possibly a article of clothing for our upper half!

·
Registered
748 Posts
The best thing about this new scout is the non stop fictional stories around the model. You talk to 10 people and get different stories. It's really pretty fun.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I was told that the dealer will be giving me a call for my size, but was not told what for a shirt or jacket
Some dealerships have their own giveways for ordering first. I received a leather riding jacket with custom embroidery from the Charlotte dealership when I purchased my Chieftain last year. Mark Moses set those up on his own and Polaris had nothing to do with it. Other dealerships were offering oil changes and other articles of clothing or discounts as well.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It looks like my dealer in Fort Worth does not have"Giveaway, or incentives" in their vocabulary. Had I known that beforehand. I would have looked for a different dealer, and turned it into a traveling adventure.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Some dealerships have their own giveways for ordering first. I received a leather riding jacket with custom embroidery from the Charlotte dealership when I purchased my Chieftain last year. Mark Moses set those up on his own and Polaris had nothing to do with it. Other dealerships were offering oil changes and other articles of clothing or discounts as well.
How cool is that!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just received mine, a clock that looks like the gas tank. The clock face is the same as the speedometer on my vintage. Also 1 year membership in the rider's group, a roadside assistance card 2 patches and a vest pin. Also a coupon for a kit to keep the tan leather from fading,hopefully it works as my leather has faded quite a bit even with generous applications of the leather treatment that came with the bike.

Roaddawg 1953 still riding against the wind....

·
Registered
362 Posts
It looks like my dealer in Fort Worth does not have"Giveaway, or incentives" in their vocabulary. Had I known that beforehand. I would have looked for a different dealer, and turned it into a traveling adventure.
New dealership, new product, hopefully if they want loyal repeat customers they be generous from the start. Something tells me they are related to the HD store next door. I bought a tshirt and coffee cup on my first visit and the asked me if I was in their system.

·
Registered
107 Posts
With the 2014s we got a small desk clock, a certificate of ownership for the first 1901, a belt buckle, a one year membership to the IMRG and best and most important of all was having one of the first bikes on the resurgence of Indian. The trinkets are a nice gesture but every time I ride my Chieftain the stares, questions and gawkers (mostly HD riders) is more than enough for me.
For all of you guys who took the plunge blindly and pre-ordered Scouts, congratulations and enjoy your new rides once they come in, I waited 3 painful months for my Chieftain.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I really don't think they have a clue webmost. Dealers haven't exactly been consistent with the knowledge. Just as well because likely they'd get our hopes up only to be entirely wrong yet again.
Went for my first ride yesterday, while there I was provided an opportunity to see an email photo with the Scout Welcome contents.

First let me say, the Scout is not a $20,000 machine. Logic would dictate the Welcome Package would not be any better than that for the Classic,Chief, Vintage, Roadmaster line.

The Kit arrives in what appears to be a genuine simulated wood, paper box.
1 Welcome letter
1 Ownership certificate (No doubt stating First Run)
1 Kickstand pad
1 Patch (could not make out details)

Also as far as numbered bikes, many opinions but the most reliable person stated. The cutoff was NOT 1901. A lot more were ordered and he believed they were not numbered 1 of xxxx as we all hoped. The Bikes are in the process of being built on their own line at Spirit Lake but delivery distribution will be key.

As for all the above information it is (IMHO) as solid as Jello but the best I have.

Bottom Line: The other stuff is Nice (and I for one wanted it). But what we do get is a FANTASTIC, well built and Reliable machine. In fact the only change that has happened was a re-flash to improve engine performance, due to feedback from demo rides. Feedback is good. You don't really have to add anything to get it to preform as it should out of the box, unlike some others. Also this machine is so much fun to ride, I couldn't get the smile off you face long after I parked it. (got 4 rides yesterday 3 on red, smoke and silver Scout and 1 Classic, no time left for the black) Polaris is attempting keep it word to those of us that took the plunge and deliver the first ones by December/late November. Cold ridding this winter, did not order windshield, and no accessories until March. Then there is the 5 years warranty. I am still happy, but happier when I get it.

Hell, if Indian antes up more, that will just be icing on the cake.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts