Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped into one of our dealers last week and he asked what I thought of my Michelin Commander 2s. I affirmed that they offer more grip than the Kendas did, but not as much as I'd hoped - on greasy roads, I'd still had a couple of minor slides and one occasion when the back wheel spun under acceleration. However, on the way home as I was gently easing passed a car on the exit from a roundabout onto a dual carriageway, I had one of those moments when I realised I was going faster than I'd realised (this Scout 60 is smooth) and I was going to have to bank it right over, at speed, on a damp road - something I've been avoiding doing on this bike; I couldn't believe I'd got myself into this situation. However, the bike went round as if on rails, and I was able to just carry on as normal. I've done 1,200 miles on these Commander 2s and at last I'm gaining confidence in them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I dropped into one of our dealers last week and he asked what I thought of my Michelin Commander 2s. I affirmed that they offer more grip than the Kendas did, but not as much as I'd hoped - on greasy roads, I'd still had a couple of minor slides and one occasion when the back wheel spun under acceleration. However, on the way home as I was gently easing passed a car on the exit from a roundabout onto a dual carriageway, I had one of those moments when I realised I was going faster than I'd realised (this Scout 60 is smooth) and I was going to have to bank it right over, at speed, on a damp road - something I've been avoiding doing on this bike; I couldn't believe I'd got myself into this situation. However, the bike went round as if on rails, and I was able to just carry on as normal. I've done 1,200 miles on these Commander 2s and at last I'm gaining confidence in them.
That is definitely good news, these Kenda's are a bit scary specially in the wet and cold. Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

·
Registered
318 Posts
In Sweden they are building roundabouts like crazy!
It's the Europe unions that got it's fingers in it!
And people can't drive for shit so you can't trust anyone. No signals or wrong signals and on bad tyres it's not fun eather!
Sounds like the Kendals isn't doing the job!!
Hopefully we're picking up our new bikes this week so whe do the brake in in se how it feels!

/Ken

·
Registered
45 Posts
Roundabouts are brilliant. WHEN everyone knows what to do - everywhere I've driven/ridden where they're a new thing, they're terrifying!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, they are brilliant fun providing, as you say, attention is given to those who don't know what they're doing, as well as to unusual cambers, occasional diesel spills, and accumulations of gravel in bits of road we'd like to use!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Roundabouts are brilliant. WHEN everyone knows what to do - everywhere I've driven/ridden where they're a new thing, they're terrifying!
Do you remember when the French rule was that you gave way to traffic entering the roundabout? That caused chaos for foreign motorists, and gridlock on busy roundabouts.
Even better was the rule that you gave way to traffic entering the road from the right. There you were, driving along at a steady 70mph when an old Citreon, driven by a very old farmer, would pull out into your path without a care in the world.
Driving in France is no fun now they've come into line with the rest of Europe. But Rome, on the other hand,.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you remember when the French rule was that you gave way to traffic entering the roundabout? That caused chaos for foreign motorists, and gridlock on busy roundabouts.
Even better was the rule that you gave way to traffic entering the road from the right. There you were, driving along at a steady 70mph when an old Citreon, driven by a very old farmer, would pull out into your path without a care in the world.
Driving in France is no fun now they've come into line with the rest of Europe. But Rome, on the other hand,.....
I do! Petrifying concept :) But these days, France is one of my favourite places to ride, great roads and bike friendly road users (by and large). Helps taht I'm only ever there in Spring or Summer too ;)

·
Registered
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Italy in general is a different story :)
As long your horn is in function your ok! And nobody speaks English at all!
It's very interesting to say the least!!

/Ken

·
Registered
318 Posts
I love Italy, not so much the driving, but the country and the people. Beautiful, crazy place. Except Naples. That's just Hell. :)
Yes I like it a lot to!
Food is great and I got some friends there. Been there a lot of times when I worked with Scuba diving.
I sold a lot of gear from Mares. It's one of the biggest companies in scuba equipment.
But driving is crazy and a lot of acidents!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does anyone have a feeling for why the Kenda tires are so terrible in the rain? Is the rubber too hard, the tread pattern not clearing water? It's funny, I've felt them and they feel like they should grip, but they just don't.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Does anyone have a feeling for why the Kenda tires are so terrible in the rain? Is the rubber too hard, the tread pattern not clearing water? It's funny, I've felt them and they feel like they should grip, but they just don't.
Cheap Tiawanese rubber, nuff said.......

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I've had the Michelin Commander II tires put on my two previous bikes and they are better rain tires than either the Metzler 880 or the Dunlap Elite 3 which were what I replaced. They're also reputed to have a significantly longer tread life
Agree totally, running Commander IIs on my 2015 Chieftain, love 'em

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts