Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Hope your enjoying the nice weather! I’m in pa and don’t often wear a Helmet. Ever really.... but it’s a practice I wanna get into. I am curious who has a small comfy half helmet. I have the novelty helmets I put on to go state to state but want to wear something dot, still small
And comfy more often. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not to sound sarcastic, but unless you're looking to made a fashion statement, a half-helmet is probably only 10% better than no helmet at all. 65% of the damage done to your head in a crash is in the area protected by a full-face helmet; ie your chin and mouth. That being said, just go with a the classic, like this...

·
Bronze member
3,475 Posts
the DOT ones are all about the same and the same money... I have a Indian one I wear when it's nice out on day trips or commuting... I use a modular for cool, rainy or long trips..

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey everyone. Hope your enjoying the nice weather! I’m in pa and don’t often wear a Helmet. Ever really.... but it’s a practice I wanna get into. I am curious who has a small comfy half helmet. I have the novelty helmets I put on to go state to state but want to wear something dot, still small
And comfy more often. Thanks in advance.
I have the Indian half helmet and love it. I wore a HJC modular for many years but when I moved to Texas the WX was just to hot for long rides and a full face so I went to a half helmet. I love it, its DOT and has an adjustable headband. In fact my wife just bought me a second one because the price was under 80 bux. I also have a Cardo Bold system and it works fantastic even at high speeds with the half helmet.

John

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I have an Indian half helmet and like it a lot. Just ordered a Sena Cavalry half helmet with built in Sena intercom system.

Reactions: parider

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just picked up a couple of LS2 rebellion for myself and the wife for warm weather riding. I'm very picky with helmets and have probably tossed or sold more than the average rider trying to find one I love. My regular full face being two Shoei Neotec II's with some custom modified padding to get the fits perfect. I absolutely love the LS2, very, very comfortable and after 15-20 minutes you don't even know it's on. The pull down sun shield is perfectly done too. I hate to say this but I now don't really like thinking about putting the full face back on but necessary on the adventure bike. Full face has saved my melon a couple times in 50 years.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to sound sarcastic, but unless you're looking to made a fashion statement, a half-helmet is probably only 10% better than no helmet at all. 65% of the damage done to your head in a crash is in the area protected by a full-face helmet; ie your chin and mouth. That being said, just go with a the classic, like this...

ill take the 10%, be legal and have a helmet on. I'm aware of what no helmet/ half/ full helmet safety is. I do appreciate your input. I never wear one. maybe 5k out of all my miles. better than nothing. I find the straps on most novelty helmets annoying. thank you

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I got a Super-Seer helmet a few months ago... They're what all the motor officers wear. I got the 2102 model... Carbon fiber shell and custom Indian paint to match my bike. It is hands down, the most comfortable helmet I've put on. I can wear it all day and still feel good. I did get the upgraded interior options and quick disconnect chin strap. They're a little bit pricey but worth it in my opinion.

They have 2 visor options and I accidentally ordered the larger version. I meant to order the shorter one. It's worked out for the better though as it blocks a lot of sun from your face and I kept it after going for a ride or two. Function over form I guess.

·
Registered
388 Posts
These are the helmets I use...

Also, check out Outlaw and Daytona helmets. I'm also in PA.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a Badass Half Helmet and it’s the most comfortable helmet I have worn with no mushroom head. I have the gloss black and will be getting the carbonair soon. Pricey but very light.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Just picked up a couple of LS2 rebellion for myself and the wife for warm weather riding. I'm very picky with helmets and have probably tossed or sold more than the average rider trying to find one I love. My regular full face being two Shoei Neotec II's with some custom modified padding to get the fits perfect. I absolutely love the LS2, very, very comfortable and after 15-20 minutes you don't even know it's on. The pull down sun shield is perfectly done too. I hate to say this but I now don't really like thinking about putting the full face back on but necessary on the adventure bike. Full face has saved my melon a couple times in 50 years.

I have one and totally agree. I have, back in the box, the Neotec 1, which is HOTTER than the LS2 Valiant I am currently using for full face protection.
Both LS2s rate high for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts