German Rider
1,102 Posts
Short and easy, No.

Cu,
Sven

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
I don’t have it or care for it I’ll brake accordingly. I’m big on front wheel braking and less rear Unless needed.I get a ton of milage out of My rears. Front half the work to change easier all around

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have both types of systems and it doesn't matter much to me. The RM doesn't have it and my current Triumph Tiger has it. I don't see it as an advantage other than it keeps brake wear more even.

·
Silver member
4,836 Posts
I like them separately myself. I don' want any front brake on the twisties. Only engine braking and rear braking for me on those type of rides...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,029 Posts
Had it on the GW. I really liked it. No problems with taking curves doing the speed limit.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,249 Posts
I like it on my Road Glide Special. I usually just tap the rear brake pedal when I want to slow down. When coming to a stop I use both brakes like normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have it on my BMW and it works fine, but for the RM I don't think it would work so well, you tend to use a lot more back brake on these heavy bikes especially when two up, personally I think it's better off without it.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Have it on my car an it sucks. seems after u have to hit the brakes , the car lunges forward. best way to stop as we all know an they instruct this in the mc schools. front/rear with locked elbows. stopping in a str8 line.

·
German Rider
1,102 Posts
i had it on my '16 Ultra limited. HATED it. If you had one applied, then hit the other brake...it got all twitchy. I like em separated personally.
Same here. Had in the Kawi 1700 Vulcan Voyager. Didn't like that feeling too, but different manufactures may have different feelings/solutions.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like them separately myself. I don' want any front brake on the twisties. Only engine braking and rear braking for me on those type of rides...
All of the bikes I have had with the linked systems would apply the rear brake if you used the front but when using the rear it didn't apply the front. The rear was independent when used alone. I am sure there are some that are linked like you describe but I don't know of any. Triumph and BMW don't work that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts