Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went with V&H slash cuts but I'm thinking of upgrading to the Freedom Combat 2-1 exhaust on my bobber.

It doesn't list them as compatible with the 2020 Bobber anywhere though, just the 2017 and older. My understanding is there haven't been any changes that would affect compatibility from the '17 to now as far as exhaust goes and that's what the rep from the shop I asked about said, but he prefaced it with "I think.."

A full exhaust kit for a '17 scout should fit a 2020 Bobber, correct? Also what's the scoop on a tune after going from slip on slash cuts to a 2-1 combat setup, necessary or could that be put on hold for a bit without any harm done?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes, you should tune for any 2-into-1's. When you change the location of the collector you change the harmonics feeding back into the cylinders, which changes turbulence and gas mixing in the cylinder, the pressures at time of valve closure, etc.

Having said that, you could install them and ride on it safely, just avoid full throttle and high rpms until you get a suitable tune.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you should tune for any 2-into-1's. When you change the location of the collector you change the harmonics feeding back into the cylinders, which changes turbulence and gas mixing in the cylinder, the pressures at time of valve closure, etc.

Having said that, you could install them and ride on it safely, just avoid full throttle and high rpms until you get a suitable tune.
Well in that case I'll need that tune immediately after install.

·
Registered
371 Posts
^ yeah if you have the pv3 you are good. Shoot ryan a call at Charlotte Indian motorcycles. Lloydz garage. He tuned my scout. Unreal now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ yeah if you have the pv3 you are good. Shoot ryan a call at Charlotte Indian motorcycles. Lloydz garage. He tuned my scout. Unreal now.
No PV3 here... when I had the stage 1 done I had to finance it so I just got it all done through the dealership. Either way the exhaust upgrade is a ways out so I'll call around and do a little more research this time around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts