Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pearl White / Star Silver?

I am considering trading my Thunder black roadmaster and this particular color scheme is very eye catching to me.

I mentioned to the dealer that I hadn't seen many of these on the road in that color and he said it wasn't a very popular color for them.

With the lighter color I am wondering if it's hard to keep clean etc? Anyone that has experience with this color please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance
(the black has been a tough one to keep clean too lol)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Been doing a thorough detailing on my Vintage for almost 2 days now and I can tell you that the paint regardless of color is not a cleaning issue, it's the chrome that's a killer.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
251 Posts
Chrome is easy with S100 and a compressor.
I have used that and it's decent stuff for a general cleaning but to get the chrome to sparkle unfortunately it's by hand. Started the chrome yesterday afternoon and all day today, just have the nacel/lighting to finish. Want her looking pretty for our upcoming trip.

·
Bronze member
3,050 Posts
you trading it on a new Roadmaster? I don't think I've ever seen that color combo on a Vintage... if you're talking Roadmaster your dealer must be wrong because they've had that scheme since 2017 so it must sell

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
had a black bike once. never again. had the pearl on a victory, loved it but after a rainstorm. make sure you wipe it down everytime. or else. i seen a very bright RED RM. now that's an eye catcher for sure.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts

I am considering trading my Thunder black roadmaster and this particular color scheme is very eye catching to me.

I mentioned to the dealer that I hadn't seen many of these on the road in that color and he said it wasn't a very popular color for them.

With the lighter color I am wondering if it's hard to keep clean etc? Anyone that has experience with this color please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance
It was the first Road master I rode before buying my Metallic Burgundy one.I could not get the price I wanted on the White and Silver one. They are a great looking bike and colour .As for keeping clean I always wipe mine down after every ride and once they get a bit grubby I wash and dry it then give it a good polish including the wheels every 2 months.
bike-image-5bfe3500ed87a.png

·
Registered
8,004 Posts

Thanks in advance
You buying a 19 or waiting for a 20,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts