Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some Indian point $$ I needed to use. I got these gloves while waiting for my oil change. Prior I was using ski gloves. Way too bulky. Anyone have any experience with these? Indian Motorcycle of Sturgis is OUTSTANDING!
View attachment 600381

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update.
At 1st they were fairly stiff & less than steller for working turn signals and such. Now after some time & breaking them in they are fantastic! Very warm, wind & water proof with great protection. Works with touchscreens too. Highly recommend these Indian gauntlet gloves.

·
Registered
'14 Indian Chieftain, Stage 1 AC/Pipes, decatted, Dynojet PV3, Mid-Rise Bars, Heated Grips/Seats
101 Posts
They run small (I have the 2XL), are bulky, and while they block the wind nicely and are supposedly waterproof (haven't been wet yet), they are not very warm. I have heated grips and still did not feel like I'd want to ride for long with them in temps below 37 degrees, which I was riding in two days ago. Surprisingly disappointed because they appear to be well-made gloves, but the level of 3M Thinsulate in these is insufficient for long distance cold-weather riding. For $90 there have got to be warmer offerings out there for sure.

·
Registered
'14 Indian Chieftain, Stage 1 AC/Pipes, decatted, Dynojet PV3, Mid-Rise Bars, Heated Grips/Seats
101 Posts
Update.
At 1st they were fairly stiff & less than steller for working turn signals and such. Now after some time & breaking them in they are fantastic! Very warm, wind & water proof with great protection. Works with touchscreens too. Highly recommend these Indian gauntlet gloves.
Mine are brand-spanking new so perhaps they just need to break in more is all. 2XL is the right size lengthwise, but I think when they are so snug and constricting they probably don't allow enough air space around the fingers.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
79 Posts
I'm old and on blood thinners for my ticker, so my hands get cold easily. I got a pair of Fly Racing's Ignitor battery-powered heated gauntlet gloves. They seem to work pretty well for me. They heat the back of the hands and fingers, which is what gets the wind exposure.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm old and on blood thinners for my ticker, so my hands get cold easily. I got a pair of Fly Racing's Ignitor battery-powered heated gauntlet gloves. They seem to work pretty well for me. They heat the back of the hands and fingers, which is what gets the wind exposure.
I have the same gloves as you do and they work well down to 20 degrees, and last for at least 2 hours on high temperature setting with a full overnight recharge. They will last for 4 hours at medium setting when temperatures are in the 40’s. I bought the 3XL size since the sizes run a little small and I like some wiggle room in there to keep the blood flowing to the fingers. I do not have heated grips. Larry

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
79 Posts
I have the same gloves as you do and they work well down to 20 degrees, and last for at least 2 hours on high temperature setting with a full overnight recharge. They will last for 4 hours at medium setting when temperatures are in the 40’s. I bought the 3XL size since the sizes run a little small and I like some wiggle room in there to keep the blood flowing to the fingers. I do not have heated grips. Larry
I also have a pair of Joe Rocket heated gloves (not gauntlet). The battery is the same voltage but smaller. I'm going to take a spare set of those with me in case my Fly batteries die before I get home!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.