Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recommendations for cold weather gloves. I've been riding in the cold lately, but I find my hands get cold very easy. My hands go numb and get painful. I was thinking some gauntlet style gloves of some sort. If some of you more experienced guys could post up some links that would be great.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Been riding 47 years, depends on what you call cold weather. Never really found gloves that actually work in temps<40 degrees on extended rides. Maybe heated grips?? Gauntlet gloves seem to work the best, don't buy cheapies. Good luck, I'llcheck back here from time to time, might learn something myself.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have a pair of gauntlet style gloves that I have had for two seasons now, work great to keep the wind off, best results that I have found are gloves that use 3M Thinsulate insulation. On the really cold days that I will be on the bike for hours, use Hot Hands hand warmers inside the glove. Don't have to rely on electricity of any kind that way and you can remove the Hot Hands warmers if it get too hot.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,070 Posts
I ride year round as much as possible. Icon patrol gloves work really well down to about 35 degrees. Adding gover liners helps at temperatures below that. If you're at gearing or below, the next best solution is heated gear.

·
Rider
979 Posts
I don't know if Indian has the same thing but I use a pair of HD gauntlet gloves that I have had for a while now very warm and never had a problem using them in 20 degree weather. I know that some use a snowmobile type gauntlet glove with good results. There are also some heated gloves IIRC that are battery operated but I have never used them. Hand warmers?

·
Rider
995 Posts
Haven't found any gloves that keep my hands warm below 40. Hot hands work for the palms or back of hand but do nothing for the fingers. Finally got to the point I would carry 2 or 3 pair. Will put 1 pair on the engine to keep them warm while riding, stop and change gloves when hands were dead...… lucky I never lost a pair....

·
Registered
401 Posts
I don't know if Indian has the same thing but I use a pair of HD gauntlet gloves that I have had for a while now very warm and never had a problem using them in 20 degree weather. I know that some use a snowmobile type gauntlet glove with good results. There are also some heated gloves IIRC that are battery operated but I have never used them. Hand warmers?
We might have the same gloves. The HD gauntlet insulated gloves are warm, almost too warm at times. I've ridden down in the 20's with no issues.

·
Banned
4,926 Posts
I'm a puzzy, hands get cold pretty easy. I bought these last fall and they keep my hands warm. I find they're good when playing with the snowblower too!! LOL. Good thing is, no wires to plug into the bike so no wires going into the jacket and down the sleeves.

·
Bronze member
1,941 Posts
I have a pair of gauntlet style gloves that I have had for two seasons now, work great to keep the wind off, best results that I have found are gloves that use 3M Thinsulate insulation. On the really cold days that I will be on the bike for hours, use Hot Hands hand warmers inside the glove. Don't have to rely on electricity of any kind that way and you can remove the Hot Hands warmers if it get too hot.
^^^^This^^^^

·
Bronze member
3,393 Posts
go to the Polaris web site and go to the snowmobile section... get some gloves actually designed for cold weather... no pretenders..

·
Bronze member
2,628 Posts
Heavy gloves and add glove liners...that’s about all you can do. Then spring for heated grips. Never had heated grips until my RM...now I’m spoiled. If having problems with cold hands, this will do wonders...no glove will equal heated grips.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Could not have said it better. I've got the HD gauntlet cold weather gloves and have had them for 20 plus years. I've got a pair of the Fox Leather gauntlet gloves, too. They are good for down to 40 by themselves for me but the HD gauntlet work well down to 20 or so. Unless you go heated (grips, gloves or both) there really isn't anything that helps at or below 20. I've tried different brands but either they stay on the shelf or I return them and go back to the old HD's. Thing is with really thick gloves like these, the heated grips really don't work as well. The Fox gauntlets were very good (thinner) when used in conjunction with heated grips and still kept my hands warm down to around 30. Still, nothing out there that can combat 15 to 30 degree long riding days like some sort of external electric support, at least that is for me in my experience in riding year around.

·
Bronze member
1,552 Posts
Something to keep in mind if you eventually want to get heated grips...

Many cold-weather gloves have padding/thinsulate material in the palms and grip-side of the glove. Those gloves will be worthless if you have heated grips since they will essentially "block" the heat from coming through. I have had Olympia, Aerostitch and Klim gloves that are specifically made for heated grips and they work like a charm.

I have Reynauds Syndrome (cold hands, essentially) and the gloves in combination with heated grips on high keep me good down to about 30. I also have Gerbings heated gloves that I can break out if I get caught in a really cold snap when on a trip (coldest I have ever ridden in for sustained period of time was 25).

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looking for some recommendations for cold weather gloves. I've been riding in the cold lately, but I find my hands get cold very easy. My hands go numb and get painful. I was thinking some gauntlet style gloves of some sort. If some of you more experienced guys could post up some links that would be great.
I've been using Gerbins Gyde S4 7v battery powered heated gloves for several years now with great success. Heated grips have never worked for me, my palms are not what gets cold, it's my fingers. They are expensive but here is a site with a reduced price. Gerbing Gyde S4 Heated Gloves, Black - 7V Battery - The Warming Store

1 - 20 of 45 Posts