Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get a rough brake sound when it’s cold. got 5k on my bike and I have been getting a rough braking feel on my rear brakes in particular when I start out cold. After working them a bit to warm it up seams to go away. Checked rotors don’t see any damage or grooves. is it already time to replace pads @ 5k? Was going to pull the pads and take a look. Thoughts.

·
Bronze member
2018 Scout Bobber and Scout 60
1,246 Posts
Anyone else get a rough brake sound when it’s cold. got 5k on my bike and I have been getting a rough braking feel on my rear brakes in particular when I start out cold. After working them a bit to warm it up seams to go away. Checked rotors don’t see any damage or grooves. is it already time to replace pads @ 5k? Was going to pull the pads and take a look. Thoughts.
Same issue especially if the bike has been sitting for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
Mine were always like that. 4 years, no issues. Just a character flaw, I guess....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
checked the pads and found out they were worn down to the nub. Mental note check the pads every 4k miles if you like to ride in the mountains a lot. I will say doing a brake job takes about 30 minutes. They feel great now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts