Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems entering new code in bike. Dealer said I just needed key fob to program a number in, not having any luck. Read manual several times, still no luck. I read on other sites that there is a master key code that came with the bike and that needs to be programed in. Any one know if that is true. If so would number be on key tags or do I need to contact dealer to get number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
At delivery you should have been given a yellow carbon copy of a document titled "2014 Indian Motorcycle Certificate of Pre-Delivery Inspection". Hand printed on that document,usually on the upper left margin, should be something like "Master: (Four Digit Number). That is your unlock code. I understand that the factory instructions to change the code are missing a step (4b) Check on the sites you mentioned. At least one has the proper procedure. It is my understanding that you will not actually be changing the code, but adding your own, and that the original code will still work in addition to the one you add, but I haven't checked to see if this is the case.

·
Registered
140 Posts
the dealer will put in a code and there is also a master code for the bike which the dealer has in case u forget yours,, I have used the dealer code and does work have not put a new code in of my own yet,,

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Checked my paper work, no code. I'll have to stop in to dealer on Monday , I'm sure they have it and forgot to write it in. At least I know I wasn't dong anything wrong when trying to program it in. Thank you for you help.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Having problems entering new code in bike. Dealer said I just needed key fob to program a number in, not having any luck. Read manual several times, still no luck. I read on other sites that there is a master key code that came with the bike and that needs to be programed in. Any one know if that is true. If so would number be on key tags or do I need to contact dealer to get number.

Go Here to learn how to reset your bike's PIN.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer gave me a five digit code not four digit. I tried It still not working. Any one else out there receive a 5 digit number or did my dealer give me the wrong number? Thanks for your help

·
Founding member
1,005 Posts
It is a four digit code, vintage. Your dealer should have asked you what code you wanted put into your bike and performed the switch for you at delivery. I've heard some don't and that's a shame. Have them do it, and walk through the sequence with you on Monday. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talk to dealer today its is 4 digit PIN. I need to bring bike in so they can plug in main computer to get code. Brand new dealer I was their first sale. Really nice guys to work with. They're having the usually growing pains, but I would highly recommend and definitely buy another bike from. Wish I could say that on some of the HD dealers I bought from. They're treating me right and that's what matters in the long run. Thanks for every ones reply.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
So the dealer code works for all Indians?

·
Registered
370 Posts
So the dealer code works for all Indians?
No, each bike get a dealer pin (or master pin). It's unique to the bike, not the dealer. Once set, it cannot be changed (maybe they can change it if they hook up the computer?). But, once you know that PIN, you can set your own PIN to whatever you want. Then, both PINs will unlock the bike, and you can change your user PIN whenever you want, but you can't change the dealer PIN.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Thanks, couldn't imagine that one code fits all. Otherwise what would be the point of just adding another code. :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dealer gave me a five digit code not four digit. I tried It still not working. Any one else out there receive a 5 digit number or did my dealer give me the wrong number? Thanks for your help
The 5 digit number is the key fob number. That's not the one you need. You will need to get either the Master PIN or the User/Rider PIN from the dealership.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I nearly went nuts trying to change the code, as per the handbook procedure. Then I learned that the procedure was incomplete ( as per above). Once I had that extra step, BINGO, all is well with the world.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts