1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 2017 Scout and have popped a code for 1st time
2369_3
which states its a ground issue in control module

occured after hard acceleration and tripped check engine light at same time, which has gone away.

cant locate the issue, or get light off, pulled off turn signals checked connection in both
turn signals as precaution.
2 x 2pin connector each turn signal to L/R of the harness inside headlight)

not getting any fast blinks.

anybody else dealt w this nonsensical code or issue, (seen a few on here but no cures)

10k check.up is in 500 miles

does the ecu have to be flashed to reset? can the owner reset wo dealership.

im not a fan of these oem front lights as they slide around forks at higher speed.)
ive ordered new ones as mine are gettng weathered. )

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The fault code comes up as "Driver circuit short to B+". Searching for that brings these results. They are on TS111 bikes but the Indian codes seem common across all models. It looks like your regulator might be on the way out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dr Shifty....great point..now that you mention the regulator, looking back the battery was dead, probably left key in the ignition and on, idk. It happens
But I had to charge the battery up bc it was dead the evening this occured....
Maybe a surge occured nothing showed until much later after to.pi
I'm not gonna do what I usually did and chase it down part by part, start small and multimeters are worth their weight in gold.

Is there a repair manual like clymer for the scout w all the measurements ..don't need coils stator here but haven't seen diag ostics yet in print

Very well could be the regulator.
I'll poke around for grounds in the meantime..noted and will follow up

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I hope you get it sorted.

There is a pdf service manual out there somewhere. When I had a Scout I posted up a query about one and that post is still popping up four years later so it should not be hard to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts