Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike for a ride a while back and by the end of the ride I noticed the clutch cable had loosened up. I had just got it back from the dealer from the break-in maintenance and figured maybe they had not completely tightened down the adjustment nut on the clutch cable.

Anyways, I adjusted the clutch cable back to how the manual says. Since then I've noticed that the clutch's friction zone has moved further away from the grip than it used to be. It isn't causing any issues, I just wanted to ask any of you if you know how to adjust the friction zone closer or further away from the grip.

Also, if any of you know of an after market dip stick, I've been trying to hunt one of those down too.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Also, if any of you know of an after market dip stick, I've been trying to hunt one of those down too.
I understand your concerns with the clutch, but I'm stumped on why your looking for a dipstick? :confused::D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose making my own would be easy enough. I just don't like plastic, and it can be difficult to read with the dark color at times. I know there are options for the 111, I was just curious what's out there for the scout is all.

·
10,006 Posts
I suppose making my own would be easy enough. I just don't like plastic, and it can be difficult to read with the dark color at times. I know there are options for the 111, I was just curious what's out there for the scout is all.
Well, I will admit that the black stem is hard to read....
I haven't heard of a substitute for a Scout yet!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Well, I will admit that the black stem is hard to read....
I haven't heard of a substitute for a Scout yet!
Would love to see myself as long as done right .. Tried a Stainless steel one on the Victory and could see the oil fine but better be wearing Welders Glove to keep from getting burned .. :)

·
10,006 Posts
The oil is hard to see on the dipstick, if their was a big demand I would look into doing a build run.
What would you use for a material?
I like the material that is used now, but in a different color for more visual clarity on the shaft!
White instead of Black???

·
10,006 Posts
Isn't there a nice durable white paint that could be used to paint the stick with?
I don't think I want a paint on my dipstick in my oil sump! :confused::(

I can think of a lot of downsides to the paint...

·
Registered
882 Posts
I use a clean screw driver with a small rubber gasket positioned at the full mark relative to the dipstick when I do a change, it's the easiest way to get a read on clean oil.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I replaced my clutch cable with a Barnett Clutch Cable. There have been some cable issues with the lead anchor on the Lever end becoming detached. I didn't want to get stuck out somewhere so I changed mine ! Cheap insurance ! IMHO !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts