Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the Gort floorboards, I am finding I need a little bit more elevation on the gear shift peg to make it easier to get the tip of my boot under. I have adjusted the gear shift linkage rod about as far as I am comfortable with while still having enough threads left.

Would there be any issues with moving the rear "5138833 LEVER-SHIFTER,MACHINED,IND" clockwise one tooth to elevate the peg even further?

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
While the manual says don't (there's a dot on each piece that should be lined up) I've done it on several different machines I've owned over the years with no problems. In fact, when I got my Heel/Toe shifter I had to adjust the Bobber shifter the same way to get the position. I did notice if you go too far the lever force gets much harder, so I would only recommend one or two splines at the most either way.

Reactions: Sawacs

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Copy all and much appreciated for the reply.

Cheers!

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
Did my 2014 Scout the same way 2 notches and added more threads to my adjuster.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I managed to get everything adjusted properly by moving the clamp clockwise one tooth. Also, I put in a call to Indian to acquire about purchasing the linkage rod from their extended reach kit figuring I would be able to place the clamp back where it was from the factory while also being able to get enough altitude on the gear peg.

On a side note, I completed the basic rider course this weekend, headed over to DPS to get the M on my license this morning and it began raining cats and dogs! So, no test ride on the bike todayo_O

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts