Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the new Roland Sands design mid bike controls, and was wondering how you get the clips off the foot pegs. Is there a tool, or do you just take a dental pick to them take them off and replace them with a C Clip.

Never saw that clip before.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Where can I buy the mid controls? Is it just from the RSD website, or somewhere else?
Is it Bobber specific or just called "Scout"?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where can I buy the mid controls? Is it just from the RSD website, or somewhere else?
Is it Bobber specific or just called "Scout"?
It's under the Scout, but as the controls go on the motor, should work. The cover plates to cover taking off the front controls I am not sure, but I can always get them made.

You also need a shorter brake line, and I am not sure if that needs to be bled using a computer based system. I am going to try and engineer not using a shorter line and not breaking the system apart.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Godspeed... definitly let us know how it goes.

Im on the fence to order, because I just put on mini floorboards at the end of last season that did help a bit, and feel closer to mid controls when youre resting your feet back (altho my boot gets burnt on the exhaust!).

Id love to get those RSD mids, but its basically a 900$ upgrade not including the installation if I need help from the dealer. Im just about to spend 1500 on new seat & shocks, so im hesitant to spend even more for the mids since I dont know how the bike will feel after the suspension, seat & handlebars are all together ( i just added a 9 inch pullback bars).

Still, part of me wants to impulse buy them while they are still in stock! It seems they may not be back for awhile?

Did you see this video by a forum member? It may help you during install:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I got the mid controls in, not too bad of a project. When you take off the regular controls, that big bolt has a nut on the inside, so be careful with that as it is a motor mount. The right side has a shim, be careful not to lose that. Small hands prevail there. Took it out for a test spin, the shift linkage has to come up, not a big deal. The ABS light went out, so I am assuming it's okay. Probably much easier on NON ABS bikes.

I used the original brake line on the bike, and just made it fit. I loosened the nut just so slightly on the brake line so I could turn it. They say to go inside the exhaust, but I don't know how you do that without getting close to the exhaust. Oh they say it requires a new brake line they didn't have in stock so Just re engineered it. Hopefully it's far enough away where the heat won't bother it.

Bike is dirty from sitting in the garage and needs a bath.

Any questions, just ask.

Auto part Vehicle Exhaust system Motorcycle accessories Automotive exhaust
Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Vehicle Tire
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
360 Posts
fucking sick, how's it feel? Comfy? Do you have stock bars?
Give us more updates after you ride it awhile too.
Are your legs cramped at all? How tall are you?

Sorry for all the questions lol.
Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Godspeed... definitly let us know how it goes.

Im on the fence to order, because I just put on mini floorboards at the end of last season that did help a bit, and feel closer to mid controls when youre resting your feet back (altho my boot gets burnt on the exhaust!).

Id love to get those RSD mids, but its basically a 900$ upgrade not including the installation if I need help from the dealer. Im just about to spend 1500 on new seat & shocks, so im hesitant to spend even more for the mids since I dont know how the bike will feel after the suspension, seat & handlebars are all together ( i just added a 9 inch pullback bars).

Still, part of me wants to impulse buy them while they are still in stock! It seems they may not be back for awhile?

Did you see this video by a forum member? It may help you during install:

Well, I hadn't seen this before I installed mine, and of course I did them myself. Ricky's bike does not have ABS, so it's much easier to bleed standard brakes like that. Not sure the ABS brakes have bleeders on the calipers, I think it has to be done at the shop, not sure about that. Again, I took a chance and just barely loosened the banjo nut and turned the line so it fit better. I also left it under the bike. I may see if I can loosen and pull back some the line from underneath, it's still functional.

I adjusted my shifter rod up during the install, but it still needs to go up higher, we will see how much play is in that.

My next install will be the Crusher exhaust pipes. That should be fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts