Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So many questions left unanswered...

There are no indicators as to the seat being on/off nor high/medium/low nor heat/cool. So I guess you control it by feel?? (Good luck with gloves on馃槨)

So does seat turn off with ignition and remain off when turned back on?

So you push the off button then then down button to turn on "cooling low". Then you "toggle" through low-medium-high...does that mean: push off button, then down button (turns on low cool) ok I get that but then push down again for medium cool and push down again for high cool?? And if you push down again does it go to low cool or stay on high cool until you turn off or push up button?

And then there's the shortcut to "high cool" which says push down and hold for 2 seconds. Is that after you push once to activate cool mode or just off then hold down 2 seconds??

Then there's the heat mode that has the same unanswered questions but in reverse....?

Rider
I think you are way over thinking this and making it way harder than it really is. The directions are pretty clear. Push center off button then down button for low cool the up for medium cool then up again for high cool. If you want to go back to medium cool you push the down button if you want to go to low cool push down button again. In other words once cooling is activated up is cooler and down is less cool. Then if you want to switch to heat push the center off button then the up button to activate low heat. Then up again for medium heat then up again for high heat. Then if you want to go back the medium heat push the down button if you want to go to low heat push the down button again. Pretty simple really. Once the mode you want to use is activated up is more down is less. When you turn the bike off the seat shuts off because the plug it plugs into is switched. No need to worry about draining the battery. Same as heated/cooled seats in a car. Turn the car off the seats are off. Engineering 101!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you are way over thinking this and making it way harder than it really is. The directions are pretty clear. Push center off button then down button for low cool the up for medium cool then up again for high cool. If you want to go back to medium cool you push the down button if you want to go to low cool push down button again. In other words once cooling is activated up is cooler and down is less cool. Then if you want to switch to heat push the center off button then the up button to activate low heat. Then up again for medium heat then up again for high heat. Then if you want to go back the medium heat push the down button if you want to go to low heat push the down button again. Pretty simple really. Once the mode you want to use is activated up is more down is less. When you turn the bike off the seat shuts off because the plug it plugs into is switched. No need to worry about draining the battery. Same as heated/cooled seats in a car. Turn the car off the seats are off. Engineering 101!
Is that your final answer? :unsure:

I like your analysis but there is still a question of resetting seat to off. The heated grips, for example, maintain their setting after shutting off and restarting bike. I'm 'guessing' seat shuts off and stays off.

And, following your interpretation, I assume starting from "off" just hold down (or up) 2 seconds and get full cool (or full warm).

Rider
Just talked to a guy who has this seat and yes it does hold the last setting just like the heated grips. If you want to shut the seat off you use the center button. Obviously once you shut it off it stays off until you select heat or cool. This is also why you have to shut it off to switch from heating to cooling or vice versa.

You are correct about your assumption of full hot or full cool "shortcut".

Final answer! 馃槀

Registered
View attachment 596511

So many questions left unanswered...

There are no indicators as to the seat being on/off nor high/medium/low nor heat/cool. So I guess you control it by feel?? (Good luck with gloves on馃槨)

So does seat turn off with ignition and remain off when turned back on?

So you push the off button then then down button to turn on "cooling low". Then you "toggle" through low-medium-high...does that mean: push off button, then down button (turns on low cool) ok I get that but then push down again for medium cool and push down again for high cool?? And if you push down again does it go to low cool or stay on high cool until you turn off or push up button?

And then there's the shortcut to "high cool" which says push down and hold for 2 seconds. Is that after you push once to activate cool mode or just off then hold down 2 seconds??

Then there's the heat mode that has the same unanswered questions but in reverse....?
I saw this in an article on motorcycle.com regarding knowing which function is on, but that isn鈥檛 very convenient when sitting on the bike. Should have a readout or icon on the dash too.

Registered
With the name 鈥淐limaCommand鈥 one would think that there would be some kinda interface with Ride Command for the fairing bikes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's a solution! If there are indicator lights in switch!

And agree on the Ride Command... that is supposed to be a future addition but don't know if it will be a retrofit-able one?

So on further investigation, each button has those red and blue lights, as shown in above picture. When the bike powers off, they go off and stay off when power is turned on...And not just power but it takes "engine running" for their relay to power on.
When they power on BOTH the blue & red lights are lit, this is the "off" position. Then you put it in either blue or red only when cool or heat modes are "on".

Registered
Just read a review that said the seat heated and cooled very good............the seat itself was very uncomfortable, hard and puts your ass to sleep......thanks Polaris.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just read a review that said the seat heated and cooled very good............the seat itself was very uncomfortable, hard and puts your ass to sleep......thanks Polaris.
My ass has been "more comfortable" with the new seat. My wife says she's "as comfortable".

Registered
With the name 鈥淐limaCommand鈥 one would think that there would be some kinda interface with Ride Command for the fairing bikes.
[/QU
An upcoming version will integrate with 2020+ RideCommand

Registered
Oh yeah! Well I would like to know where the dam plug is to simply plug it in on my 2019 chieftain DH. They gave me the plug but I cannot find it in any of the wires under the seat on my bike. The only open plug is the 16 pin.
I guess they want me to bring it in so they can charge me to hook it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts