Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
And the Fat Bottom Bettys from Deadwood Tobacco are also excellent - - we just ordered another box Monday. I was going to ride up to grab a box but snowstorm / rainstorm was betwixt us (and also our pesky CV19 stay-at-home order).

Hurry up, June!

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
These Dia de los Muertos from Deadwood are spectacular — box-pressed and same tobacco as in the FBB’s. Wild Bill is including some great swag with these and they are marked down right now (Pappy van Winkle hat, heavy duty cutter, lighter, and a five-pack of premium Drew Estates cigars).

·
Silver member
3,249 Posts
I usually don’t find myself in agreement with Eskimo Quinn very often (ok, extremely seldom) but I am partial to the Arturo Fuente label as well. Right now in my humidor there’s 7-8 Cuban Arturo Fuentes on the top shelf. I find that the much more easily attainable Dominican AFs are indistinguishable from the Cuban types. But that’s just me.

My go to everyday stogie of choice is the Kentucky Cheroot from Avanti. That’s the ones that Clint Eastwood smokes in his old movies like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and such. They are very aromatic do not need to be kept in a humidor at all and will last a long time in the box. Check them out.

·
Rider
623 Posts
These Dia de los Muertos from Deadwood are spectacular — box-pressed and same tobacco as in the FBB’s. Wild Bill is including some great swag with these and they are marked down right now (Pappy van Winkle hat, heavy duty cutter, lighter, and a five-pack of premium Drew Estates cigars).

View attachment 583418 View attachment 583419
Glad to hear it Hink. Mine arrive on Friday the 10th! Until then all I have left are the Sweet Jane cigarillos. Nice quick smoke when out on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding Member
1,822 Posts
I usually don’t find myself in agreement with Eskimo Quinn very often (ok, extremely seldom) but I am partial to the Arturo Fuente label as well. Right now in my humidor there’s 7-8 Cuban Arturo Fuentes on the top shelf. I find that the much more easily attainable Dominican AFs are indistinguishable from the Cuban types. But that’s just me.
Sorry bro, but Fuente does not make cigars in Cuba. During the exodus, the entire family left Cuba. If someone sold you cigars said to be made in Cuba that are labeled Fuente, they are not what has been represented.

·
Silver member
3,249 Posts
Sorry bro, but Fuente does not make cigars in Cuba. During the exodus, the entire family left Cuba. If someone sold you cigars said to be made in Cuba that are labeled Fuente, they are not what has been represented.
Dang. Obviously I have misinformed myself. A quick check in Wikipedia and also to the top shelf of my humidor revealed the truth of which you spoke. The Arturo Fuentes I have are of Dominican origins. The contraband Cubans that I have are Romeo Y Julietas and Montecristos. Thanks for making mention of this. While checking the evidence in my humidor, I learned that the humidity level was way too low and my stogies were showing signs of hardening. So I refilled the humidifiers. All is well!

·
Founding Member
1,822 Posts
Dang. Obviously I have misinformed myself. A quick check in Wikipedia and also to the top shelf of my humidor revealed the truth of which you spoke. The Arturo Fuentes I have are of Dominican origins. The contraband Cubans that I have are Romeo Y Julietas and Montecristos. Thanks for making mention of this. While checking the evidence in my humidor, I learned that the humidity level was way too low and my stogies were showing signs of hardening. So I refilled the humidifiers. All is well!
I love the Dominican Fuentes. I think the the OpusX and Casa Fuente are IMO as good or better than many Cubans. My daily smoke is the Fuente Don Carlos. We go to the Bahamas around once a year, and I always bring back cigars as that is legal now (the law reads “as many as you can carry for personal consumption”). My favorites are Montecristo #2, Cohiba siglio (all of the sizes) and the original Trinidad’s, which are incredible. Lots of great sticks out there for sure. Enjoy!

·
Rider
623 Posts
Fuente has a new cool HQ in Ybor City. Was once the cigar capital of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
723 Posts
The Indian branded cigars, made by Debonaire, are mediocre at best.
Agree 100%. I tried one at one of the previous Indian Summer Rides, or maybe one of the Pow Wows, and was not particularly impressed. It wasn't a bad smoke, especially for a hand out, I mean I did get most of the way through it. But I wouldn't buy one . . .

BD

21 - 40 of 50 Posts