Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While perusing Indian site I discovered they have licensed cigars. Are there any cigar enthusiasts who have tried them? Am thinking of getting some for my brother and wondered if they're worth it.

·
Founding Member
401 Posts
I have tried the Indian Cigar. The first blend was not good at all. The second blend was better.

However there are better cigars out there, but they do not have the Indian Band so it is a bit of a novelty.

I would never turn down a cigar.

·
Bronze member
1,544 Posts
I have tried a couple of boxes of them. Got a couple left. As noted it's not the best or my favorite smoke it's cool to torch one up when with my HD buddies.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I just have to throw in this line from Kipling:

"And a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke."

·
Bronze member
1,116 Posts
Suggest ya try the sample pack of 4 before ya buy a box or see famoussmoke. com or thompsoncigar.com where they will sell you single ones or 5 ;s. enjoy .

Reactions: A-58

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m in the cigar business and in my opinion, they are terrible cigars that are overpriced. It’s too bad, because they look really cool. Send me your address and I’ll send you one if you really want to try one.

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
Disclaimer first: I love cigars but am an infrequent smoker. I've tried differing brands - I like nutty flavored smokes. I keep going back to Arturo Fuente. Pricey but a great cigar.

Three times I tried the Indian. Three times I smoked half or less - too dry, sometimes bitter and harsh. Like stated above, I think are just a novelty item.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys, I am still new here and I wanted to know you guys. Where do you buy your cigars during quarantine?

·
Rider
712 Posts
I've tired a couple of them, too. Nothing to write home about.

Hi Guys, I am still new here and I wanted to know you guys. Where do you buy your cigars during quarantine?
I've been an online order-er for at least the last 10 years or so, even though I'm 45 minutes away from one of the big JR Cigar hubs. Haven't shopped locally for a long time. One shop I frequented pissed me off and the other one closed down when the owner got busted for something (I think it was fraud, but his was half a head shop anyway, so, who knows).

Over the years I'd settled on Famous Cigars and Cigars International. Then CI spun off Cigar.com and they offered a monthly club that, if you joined, you'd get free shipping, it was over $100, not it's $150. They send you five smokes per month in the club. It's a little high, but it does give you the opportunity to try things out. Over the years there have been a couple that I've put into my weekly rotation. I buy 4-5 boxes every 4-5 weeks, so the free shipping is a nice little bonus.

BD

·
Super Moderator
10,938 Posts
How did I miss this 2018 thread???

We’ve talked about the Indian cigars on other threads — I’ve had ‘em and I give them a “C” rating. A tad harsh but construction is satisfactory and they look cool. Plus they’re Indian, so we need to support ‘em, eh? My daily smoke right now is a CAO Black -+ great price and a great smoke.

Currently on the deck having a Perdomo 10-year Champagne with some Oceans 18 bourbon — stellar...

·
Super Moderator
10,938 Posts
My personal faves are the Avo Ritmo, Cohiba siglos, and CAO V660 or Iron horse - - all excellent. Plus any of the Fuente Opus X lines — pricey but well worth it if you can afford ‘em. And of course Monte Cristo #2 or #4 (Habano).

·
Rider
622 Posts
Those OpusX are fantastic Hink.
I’m all about the Olivia Melanios, Illusione Fume D’Amour and my new favorite is the Deadwood Sweet Jane made by Drew Estate. I like their Liga Provida and T52’s also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,938 Posts
I’m all about the Olivia Melanios, Illusione Fume D’Amour and my new favorite is the Deadwood Sweet Jane made by Drew Estate. I like their Liga Provida and T52’s also.
As soon as you posted this I kicked myself for not including the Oliva melanios (have some in my humidor) and the LP T-52 (and also COHIBA Behike T-54 or -56) . All really, really good. Liga privadas are always outstanding. Concur!

·
Super Moderator
10,938 Posts
@Gort turned me onto the Casa Fuente and these are world class, also. You can only get them from the Fuente shop in Caesars Palace in Vegas. No online orders. I was going to ride out there this summer to grab some.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts