Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I don't know if anybody here has put all the chrome or at least a big portion of the chrome parts that indian sells as accesories. The thing is I like chrome and although indian chrome accesories are crazy expensive I have a local shop that can chrome out my black parts very cheap (like 40€ big parts like belt cover and 15€ small ones like the levers, I think its more like dirty cheap indeed).

The thing is I'm not sure about the look with all that chrome so I'd like to ask you guys what do you think about chrome in the scout.

Does anybody has a picture of a "full chrome" scout? :)

·
Registered
Chieftain 2018
164 Posts
Hey guys,

I don't know if anybody here has put all the chrome or at least a big portion of the chrome parts that indian sells as accesories. The thing is I like chrome and although indian chrome accesories are crazy expensive I have a local shop that can chrome out my black parts very cheap (like 40€ big parts like belt cover and 15€ small ones like the levers, I think its more like dirty cheap indeed).

The thing is I'm not sure about the look with all that chrome so I'd like to ask you guys what do you think about chrome in the scout.

Does anybody has a picture of a "full chrome" scout? :)
This is my chrome on Scout mine.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I say add all the chrome YOU want. Not only do I like chrome as well, its YOUR bike.
Post some pictures as you add please.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I say add all the chrome YOU want. Not only do I like chrome as well, its YOUR bike.
Post some pictures as you add please.
Well the thing is I have to pick whatever I want to chrome and do it all together, it will take at least 1 or maybe 2 weeks off until the chroming is done so it's better this way.

I plan to chrome the foot controls, the belt and sprocket covers, the levers, the front light, the front wire cover and I would like to chrome the front fork and struts, even the speedometer case, but realistically I'm not going to do it until I have to service the front suspension, and that will be very far in the future and don't know if it's easy to dismantle the speedometer.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Well the thing is I have to pick whatever I want to chrome and do it all together, it will take at least 1 or maybe 2 weeks off until the chroming is done so it's better this way.

I plan to chrome the foot controls, the belt and sprocket covers, the levers, the front light, the front wire cover and I would like to chrome the front fork and struts, even the speedometer case, but realistically I'm not going to do it until I have to service the front suspension, and that will be very far in the future and don't know if it's easy to dismantle the speedometer.
You'll fiqure it out and I'm sure you'll love it.
Fuel tank?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like plenty of chrome. I think that black on all bikes is a bit overdone and I like going the other direction. I recently added the chrome pulley cover and belt guard to offset the chrome that was on the mufflers. I hadn't seen the chrome belt guard at online Indian and was afraid that it might be dropped. I picked up my parts on this forums parts page.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
I like some chrome but think Black flows well with it also reason went with Bassani 2:1's in Black although cost a bit more.. Like the Black K-Tech Bullit Shocks as Well ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Untilted.
456 Posts
I wish I had less chrome on my bike. I'm looking locally to trade the crank case on the right side of the bike for a Scout 60 one that is all black.

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
I like some chrome but think Black flows well with it also reason went with Bassani 2:1's in Black although cost a bit more.. Like the Black K-Tech Bullit Shocks as Well ..

Got a close up look at those K-tech shocks of yours on Muz's bike at the rally here Jay. Cool looking shocks, and Muz's sixty is a cool looking bike to suit! Pics later today. He has a black Sixty with red pin strip. See! He knew red is faster! Doesn't have to be a lot, just has to be there!:cool:
Alpal

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
I was thinking about the speedometer and handlebar controls. This Scout has those, still some parts that could be chromed though. Was also thinking about the brake MC's, don't know if possible.

Cover - BELT PULLEY COVER CHROME - IMC - 2881326-156 <-- picture on page

Side/kick stand would be another thing. Doubt I would go all chrome myself but I did change from painted to chrome front fender on my old bike, think the Scout with chrome fenders and tank would be interesting.
Know I saw a picture of either chrome or polished metal fenders and tank somewhere, couldn't locate it again.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
I like my mixture of Red , Chrome , & Black .. They Flow well together..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts