Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Chieftan 8 days ago as a demo. The dealer had painted the chrome piece on the fairing black. The salesman told me that if I wanted, He would take it off and put a chrome one on it. I liked it black and told him to leave it on there.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
I would have left it alone as well .. Saw that look on another Chieftain and admired it right off ..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought my Chieftan 8 days ago as a demo. The dealer had painted the chrome piece on the fairing black. The salesman told me that if I wanted, He would take it off and put a chrome one on it. I liked it black and told him to leave it on there.

That looks sweet !!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Looks good painted, that chrome is one of the reasons I bought a Vintage........

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Whatever trips your trigger. I prefer the chrome as it might just catch that persons eye who wants to make that left turn in front of me (oh I didn't see him) and if it catches their eye then maybe they just might not do that turn. Keep the running lights on full time too.

·
Registered
544 Posts
MUCH prefer your painted version to the stock chrome. The chrome on the batwing is about the only thing that turned me off to the Chieftan. Good job!

Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts