Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Chrome issues on mirrors

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Yournamehere1 
#1 ·
I noticed that the chrome on the right rear view stock mirror has started to lift on my Chieftain. Be sure to check yours. In the accompaning picture it's where the vertical squiggly line is in between my hand and I-phone.
Glass Automotive lighting Reflection Automotive design Hand

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be keeping a eye on that issue. Sure glad we have the 5 year warranty on year one bikes. Let us know if they cover it under warranty. I think we all might have to deal with a few issues, but as long as Indian stands behind them and covers them under warranty I'm good. Still know regrets, love my bike.

#3 · (Edited)
I have been contacted by Indian after I posted the above picture on their Facebook page. They have set up a case for me with "Consumer Services". I told them that I am getting the Pinnacle mirrors then I will be able to send/take it to a dealer. Closest dealer for me is 85 miles away.

#7 ·
Posted this elsewhere but thought I'd add the same info here. My 11 month old pinnacle mirrors are experiencing failure on the front of both stems and the forward facing chrome on the mirror part is also showing failure in the chrome as well. I am not nappy about this at all. First the factory mirrors and now the Pinnacle mirrors are going bad. C 'mon Indian let's sell better shit!

#8 ·
My second set of Pinnacle mirrors is starting to have this black rash (for lack of a better description) show up on the mirror stems just like the first set of Pinnacle mirrors did. The first set was replaced by the dealer. Washing the bike I noticed little black spots on the front highway bars down low, primary cover and the oil cooler cover which I believe is made from plastic. For a two year old bike with 20K miles on it one would hope the chrome quality would be better. Guess i can try Simichrome on the metal and plastic? Anyone else experiencing this and if so what are you doing about it?

#9 ·
Are we having an abnormal amt. of chrome issues? Lots of reports re: chrome peeling around the 'start button'. Getting a new sidestand for mine as the chrome is coming off of it in sheets! Gives one wonder to this 'premium brand' they keep referring to. Just saying ...o_O

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.