Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked my new Chieftain in July 31st 2014 in Sturgis-have 2100 miles on bike-just noticed chrome around power up button has black spots that dont come out.Anybody else having this problem ? Is this a metal plate or I hope not a cheap plastic chrome plate-if plastic not very happy about that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I picked my new Chieftain in July 31st 2014 in Sturgis-have 2100 miles on bike-just noticed chrome around power up button has black spots that dont come out.Anybody else having this problem ? Is this a metal plate or I hope not a cheap plastic chrome plate-if plastic not very happy about that.
I haven't had this issue, but I am back overseas and my sled will not see the light of day for a year. I do suggest you run it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it. They still own the problem.

·
Registered
81 Posts
when my dealer replaced my seat , they also checked out my side stand and button for bad chrome. said they have had a few where it had to be replaced

·
Registered
354 Posts
I picked up a 2015 Chieftain last week and noticed the black spot in the chrome the next day. Took it straight to the dealer. Now I'm waiting to hear about the replacement. More to follow when I hear from the dealer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, i have a problem on the pipe's heat shield. It's very small but there is some "pitting". I talked to some of the product folks at Sturgis. They told me to submit a warranty claim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My boyfriend bought his bike in July 2014 brand new. Chrome is now flaking off. He also started having a whistling/chirping noise just as the bike turned over 2000 miles. Did they make good on your chrome issues?

·
Super Moderator
4,946 Posts
My boyfriend bought his bike in July 2014 brand new. Chrome is now flaking off. He also started having a whistling/chirping noise just as the bike turned over 2000 miles. Did they make good on your chrome issues?
Chrome that has flaked off, not caused by impact, has been covered by Indian....from what I've heard and read.

As for the chirp, everything I've read so far to repair the "chirp" has been traced back to drive belt tension adjustments.

Noticed this is your first post pridgen, WELCOME to the boards!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sounds like the rear belt is starting to squeal,I had the same problem.Dealer will charge to adjust the belt Also welcome to the forum ride safe.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rear exhaust heat shield is starting to pit. I've had the bike for 2 weeks and I thought it may have been my pants flapping back or when I stop.
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Founding member
1,508 Posts
Gas Monkey - my 2014 chieftan has the exact same spots around the power button like you described. Must be extremely thin chrome right there. I bought mine with 1700 miles on it and they were already there. It made me think the previous owner must have been very sloppy when touching the button, maybe even having greasy gloves on or something. But who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts