Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We introduced the black gas cap holder a while back. Some people think it is stupid and others really like it. It is not the most essential accessory you will ever buy but I use one and find it reassuring to have. I have a habit of putting my cap in the holder and I know I will not lose it if I pull away from the pump. Anyway we now offer a chrome plated version. Oh it is more expensive. Chrome plating cost money. LINK: http://www.indianaftermarket.com/gas-cap-holder.html
Fashion accessory Jewellery Diamond Silver Metal
Auto part Vehicle Metal Chopper Engine

·
Super Moderator
5,849 Posts
@Marcus - I love the concept. But I am one of those who does not care for the particular execution. Now . . . if you could come up with a modified version to fit the rear bag guard . . . perhaps even double as a cup holder? That I would buy.

·
Silver member
5,285 Posts
I just sit mine upside down on the top of the pump. I can't imagine driving off with a missing gas cap on a bike! A car yes.

·
Bronze member
2,102 Posts
i put mine upside down on floor board after a swift wipe with glove to remove all trash . cant see forgetting it there. works for me anywho

·
Registered
328 Posts
I always used to put mine upside down on the pump. Then I realized, there’s no reason to put it upside down.

Now i put it on the pump, but right-side up.

That’s my gas cap story.

One time I co-worker, who owns, but rarely rides,an HD, once spent $75 replacing his gas cap, because he dropped it and got a scratch on it.

That’s my other gas cap story.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Obtain a length of that chain they use to stop people stealing the pens at the bank, and connect that to the gas cap. Connect the other end to the handle bars :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I pull my fingerless gloves off and place them in the center of the seat.
Then I place the cap against the topside of the gloves, so it won't slide off the seat.
Won't be able to forget it there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts