Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The chrome bezel around the start button on my ‘16 Chief Vintage is flaking badly and looks terrible. I think I found the replacement part, but not 100% sure... I need the bezel and not a blank plug to replace the start button.

Can anyone confirm based on this diagram? I’m thinking #19 is the right part...

Thanks!

·
Bronze member
3,128 Posts
I can’t answer your question, but I imagine a new bezel will start to do the same thing. When this happened on my RM, I took the bezel off, scuffed it up, and painted it black. Been that way for several years and still looks good. Easy, inexpensive, and permanent fix.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The previous owner kept the bike outside (with a cover)... mine will be inside in a heated outbuilding, so I think the chances on this bezel surviving are much better.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would say that #21 is the start/power button. 19 is where the lock and heated grips switches are on my RM.

Stephen

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,279 Posts
The chrome bezel around the start button on my ‘16 Chief Vintage is flaking badly and looks terrible. I think I found the replacement part, but not 100% sure... I need the bezel and not a blank plug to replace the start button.

Can anyone confirm based on this diagram? I’m thinking #19 is the right part...

Thanks!

That is the wrong assy for your 2016. This is the newer bezel for the later bikes. The chrome peeling off of original style bezel was a common problem. My 15 RM did the same thing. I believe all you need to change is the on/off switch. I will look at the Indian parts breakdown and see if I can find it. Dean

Reactions: jayred1

·
Founding member
2,310 Posts
I had the dealership replace mine on my '14 Chieftain twice (dealer/warranty covered both). They had a lot of bad ones, but the one I have now is still looking great six years later.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
My '15 Vintage is doing the same thing :(

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,279 Posts
Text Auto part Diagram Line art Font

Sorry, you had the right bezel. That looked like the newer assy that the later bikes had. This diagram shows the on/off switch that normally peels. Item 3. 4016373. Dean

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! Really appreciate it. I will post some before and after pictures once I get it all squared away

1 - 11 of 11 Posts