Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard when all the parts for the Indians will start shipping out? I have had a lot of chrome add on's ordered for over a month and haven't heard anything on delivery dates.

·
Registered
62 Posts
No news

Has anyone heard when all the parts for the Indians will start shipping out? I have had a lot of chrome add on's ordered for over a month and haven't heard anything on delivery dates.
Ordered and paid for a passengers backrest and luggage rack when I put my deposit down (on my Vintage) back in September. Picked it up in October. I still haven't heard anything... (Not even a date..).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was told by my dealer in Vegas that the passenger backrests/luggage racks are shipping about 2-3 per dealer, per week. It was estimated that I would receive mine sometime in the first week of March. There was apparently a welding issue that needed to be corrected for safety reasons. The passenger backrests used on the demo bikes have been removed and returned to Indian. The other chrome items, such as bumpers and passenger peg mounts, are to become available over the next three weeks. Unfortunately, when the dealers order these parts when the bikes are purchased, they are not told when each ships from Indian. They are simply advised that some accessories are shipped and they find out what they are when they arrive and they go to the next customer on the list.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just came from Legendary Cycles of Fargo. Asked about my passenger backrest and lower faring wind deflectors for my Chieftain. Eyes rolled, s*^t eating grins appeared. They have received only one back rest from Indian. That customer called corporate and raised hell. They have no idea when the rest will arrive. They figure those who live in areas where temps will let you ride, will get theirs first. Wind deflectors "Coming Soon" like the web site says, probably just before the heal shifter. Sounds like the area rep. from Indian up here doesn't seem too concerned. Why? all of these are going to people who have paid for them already, what's the problem. I've call Indian, they tell you to check with your local dealer, blah, blah, blah..

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
I ordered my bike in August, picked it up in October and yesterday the tall back rest came in. Still waiting for the luggage rack then I will have finally received all my accessories that were bought when I paid for my bike back in October.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here...ordered the Vintage Chief exactly as I wanted it, fish tail exhaust, beach bars, backrest, luggage rack, etc...everything came installed EXECPT the luggage rack...still waiting!
Also; on our Gilroy Roadmaster, we ordered it the same way from the Ohau, Hawaii dealership, when the bike was delivered to the Big Island it was accompanied with all of the stock parts, exhaust, handle bars, saddle, stock tires, etc...
Is it Indians new policy to hold onto and keep the items removed from the stock bikes after they have been sold?!?
I've emailed my dealer; Motoplex in Lynnwood, Washington several times asking; what happened to my original equipment (No Response) they also have not kept me informed as to when and if the luggage rack may be coming...who knows if they don't?
Its riding season,...I'd like the rack soon.
The bike is GREAT, hope the service matches the Indian looks and performance.
Rags

·
Registered
65 Posts
I talked to dealer on 5/10/14 and said the rear luggage rack won't start shipping until 6/15/14. I really want it to put on luggage rack bag. Don't want saddlebags to cover rear fender. Hate the idea of paying for something I don't have. Considered asking for my money back. Also waiting for front bumper.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I also heard the june 15th date for the luggage racks.

The problem is our bike trip vacation starts JUNE 7th !!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered my bike last August. Picked up the bike and paid for everything in October. Finally got the passengers backrest in March but still no luggage rack. Frustrating but I guess there's not much we can do (except pack light). We have a trip planned in a couple of weeks. Oh well!

·
Rider
1,104 Posts
I am using two 1/2" x 10" eyebolts till I get the luggage rack I've already pre-paid for. I am able to strap down a small soft sided ice chest that I put gear in till I get to where I'm gonna stay then I load up that chest with some ice cold refreshment!
Luggage Rack 1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looking for eyebrow visors for the headlight and side lights for the chieftain anyone retro fit some aftermarket's to work on the chieftain? I have found standard 7" ones for my map bike in the past but the job weld to keep from vibrating isn't something I'd like to do to the chieftain

·
Super Moderator
4,927 Posts
I've been curious as to who's going to put those visors out for sale first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts