Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the difference in Chrome color/hue on the front forks......especially the "Slidder/Cover Upper piece? My 2014 seems to have a "Golden Hue".... I am just curious to rest of community since I am only 2weeks with the Indian family.

Is all the Chrome (stock pieces) on the bikes "Chrome on Metal"?

I bought the Chrome Fender tips front/back for that retro look when I picked up my bike. I could hardly believe the price for "Chrome on ABS plastic"! Those will be the last plastic put on "Big Rec"!

Finally, who has the best Chrome accessories to date for the Indian line? Specifically, I am looking for Passenger "multi position foot pegs" and "Chrome/foldable" passenger Foot Boards.

Do you think a "Chrome Accessories" section would be good for our ever growing Indian Community on this web site? Maybe it's already here and I have not found it yet...if so, please point me in the right direction!

Best Regards for eastern Tennessee and Happy & Prosperous New Year to All.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
51 degrees here at Cumberland Gap, Tn.......but, no 2 mile downhill ski slopes either!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Do you think a "Chrome Accessories" section would be good for our ever growing Indian Community on this web site? Maybe it's already here and I have not found it yet...if so, please point me in the right direction!
We don't have a specific chrome accessories section, but you're more than welcome to start a thread for it or if you like I can just change the title of this one to "Chrome Accessories" and this section is good as any. Let me know.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Has anyone noticed the difference in Chrome color/hue on the front forks......especially the "Slidder/Cover Upper piece? My 2014 seems to have a "Golden Hue".... I am just curious to rest of community since I am only 2weeks with the Indian family.

I bought the Chrome Fender tips front/back for that retro look when I picked up my bike. I could hardly believe the price for "Chrome on ABS plastic"! Those will be the last plastic put on "Big Rec"!

Finally, who has the best Chrome accessories to date for the Indian line? Specifically, I am looking for Passenger "multi position foot pegs" and "Chrome/foldable" passenger Foot Boards.

Best Regards for eastern Tennessee and Happy & Prosperous New Year to All.....
Yes, I have noticed the golden hue on the chrome.
It is in a certain light and from a certain angle.
Other times it looks perfectly normal.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Indian and also to the forum.

The rambling nature of most forums tends to be maddening for some.
Finding specific information is not like looking it up in the dictionary.
Instead the "true pearls" come in the freewheeling conversation style.

Two guys will be talking about tires for example and one will mention the foot pegs he just scored.
He will make this reference, complete with a link provided, but you would never find this unless you just stumbled on it.

Once ya recognize this you will find yourself reading almost every thread and the people who post become like old friends. There is a sense of community. I find myself looking at the start page to see what a particular person has to say about something, just because I find that person interesting.

Anyway, I only say that to say that yeah, there are tons of threads on here that touch on chrome and accessories. But danged if I can tell you where.

Welcome!!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Hey SPAIRINC

The piece you are talking about is not chromed steel; it is polished stainless steel. The only chrome plastic on the Chiefs are the chrome strips on the fenders and the chrome ring around the power button.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We don't have a specific chrome accessories section, but you're more than welcome to start a thread for it or if you like I can just change the title of this one to "Chrome Accessories" and this section is good as any. Let me know.
Thanks Elrod......just change this one to "Chrome Accessories" and let's see where it goes!
I just imagine that good vendors are going to bring more custom/cool/retro & quality chrome to the Indian line. However, I don't see much out there now aside from the Indian mfg/store. I'm not picky where it comes from as long as it is quality goodies.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Thanks Elrod......just change this one to "Chrome Accessories" and let's see where it goes!
I just imagine that good vendors are going to bring more custom/cool/retro & quality chrome to the Indian line. However, I don't see much out there now aside from the Indian mfg/store. I'm not picky where it comes from as long as it is quality goodies.
Done :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you've got some good info on "Chrome Accessories" for the Indian Line...... Tell us about it, contact info and such!
No doubt that new vendors will be spinning up "New Chrome" as the ever growing Indian prowls the streets and runs the highways!
What's your experience....Where's the best quality?
Although the Indian line arrives "Well Appointed".... There's always room for Chrome that makes your bike step ahead with a "Cool Glimmer"!

So, let's see if a good tool and resource thread for "Chrome Accessories" can make its mark here for the crew!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey SPAIRINC

The piece you are talking about is not chromed steel; it is polished stainless steel. The only chrome plastic on the Chiefs are the chrome strips on the fenders and the chrome ring around the power button.
:) Thanks for the info....I had no idea the bag chrome strips are plastic....this info is good to help keep these parts in good shape.
The stainless fork "Slidder Covers" is the only piece I find that is not a "Worthy Piece" among the rest..... Even the weld points show. Would I take them down for a "Nice & Highly Chromed" set.... You Bet!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts