Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I went into my dealer, Menneto Powersports in Clifton Park NY, to do the paperwork and pay for my Scout on Tuesday... got some great news. Bill of sale shows cost of the bike $11,299 (red) plus tax, registration, and mandatory NYS waste tire disposal fee of $5. NO BULLSHIT FEES for delivery, setup, whatever.

Better yet, I was planning to pay cash but they offered me 0% financing for 6 months with no prepayment penalty, so I took them up on that. And they're even storing it for me at no charge until spring.

The only bummer is that because mine came in before year-end I needed to pay for it this month, which started 5-year warranty clock ticking. My rep said that they've only received 2 of the 20 Scouts they've ordered so far, and any that come in after Jan 1 will get a few extra months on their warranty as a goodwill gesture. So while I'm glad my bike is finally here, if it was 2 weeks later I would have had a 5+ year warranty.

Gotta give a big thumbs up to Menneto Powersports. They've been a class act to deal with since the first time I walked in the door. Can't wait to see their new facility on Route 9 in Malta, grand opening is in a couple weeks.

Where's that damn El Nino when we want it?? The only worse thing than waiting for my bike to be delivered is having it here and not being able to ride it! Hope all of you down south enjoy every mile this winter.

Ride safe, and Happy New Year!

Cecil

·
Registered
563 Posts
Good to hear some more good news about the Scout and Polaris dealers. Solid dealers like Mennetos will make up for not overcharging by additional sales and repeat customers. I hope to hear from Alyssa (Menneto's) soon.

Lou

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey everyone,

I went into my dealer, Menneto Powersports in Clifton Park NY, to do the paperwork and pay for my Scout on Tuesday... got some great news. Bill of sale shows cost of the bike $11,299 (red) plus tax, registration, and mandatory NYS waste tire disposal fee of $5. NO BULLSHIT FEES for delivery, setup, whatever.

Better yet, I was planning to pay cash but they offered me 0% financing for 6 months with no prepayment penalty, so I took them up on that. And they're even storing it for me at no charge until spring.

The only bummer is that because mine came in before year-end I needed to pay for it this month, which started 5-year warranty clock ticking. My rep said that they've only received 2 of the 20 Scouts they've ordered so far, and any that come in after Jan 1 will get a few extra months on their warranty as a goodwill gesture. So while I'm glad my bike is finally here, if it was 2 weeks later I would have had a 5+ year warranty.

Gotta give a big thumbs up to Menneto Powersports. They've been a class act to deal with since the first time I walked in the door. Can't wait to see their new facility on Route 9 in Malta, grand opening is in a couple weeks.

Where's that damn El Nino when we want it?? The only worse thing than waiting for my bike to be delivered is having it here and not being able to ride it! Hope all of you down south enjoy every mile this winter.

Ride safe, and Happy New Year!

Cecil
ordered mine from Menneto as well of course mine is one of those other 18, if it was here in Binghamton I could have been riding as we had unusually warm Christmas and today sun and 50 degrees........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts