Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you remember the feeling when you got your first bike and rode it home? For the dollars you paid out, you would get back the freedom sensation rebellion and pure pleasure on the road.

Let’s be honest! Did you think about how to be a part of the biker culture before you bought a bike? Or do you think you have a bike then you are automatically a part of the community? There are two things to define you are a true biker. One is the motorcycle, of course, and the other is the motorcycle helmet.

Customing your helmets is a good way to prove you are a true biker who is familiar with the biker culture. Some people may think that the motorcycle helmet can’t encapsulate that much, or it can’t represent the biker. But it actually has more meaning than you think. Like high socks are to baseball players.

Choosing a motorcycle helmet is not very difficult these days. If you don’t want to make something special, you can go with whatever a Shoei, Arai, or Bell helmet. Those names are the best among hundred brands out there. It is essential to know what you need, or else you will go wrong with one of them.

However, if you want something really special and outstanding, you should spend more time to consider your choice. Nowadays, it is not hard to find custom motorcycle helmets because they are available in the market. But you will really need to determine what you like. The two most important features that a motorcycle helmet must have is safety and liability. You must consider these two factors before cool things.
Looking for a cool and safe motorcycle helmet? I highly recommend you this source: Top 12+ Coolest Motorcycle Helmets With Creative Designs In 2020

As far as I know, most motorcycle helmets in the market today are both safe and stylish. You can choose the color you like, the size you fit, and the graphic that can tell your personality while it still meets the safety requirements. When the world of motorcycle helmets is diversified, there is no excuse to use tacky helmet designs or something that is not suitable.

To fit into the biker culture, you will need to consider the style matters and substance matters.

When it comes to buying motorcycle helmets, there are tons of advice on the internet you can refer to to make your decision. I just wasted a little time for my first motorcycle helmet not because I was experienced, but I knew nothing and randomly chose one. Later when I have a little knowledge in the field, I spent more time on my next lids.

I read information about the helmet I am going to buy, read reviews, ask for advice from experts. One of the websites I usually read is HelmetsZone. This is a motorcycle helmet blog founded by a motorcycle expert. I’ve learned about this website and it has a really great profile. I read some reviews on this site and all of them are five stars.
If you are looking for a motorcycle helmet, why don’t you give this wesite a shot!

This is some of HelmetsZone’s contact information I found on their wesite:

Address: 10236 Zenith Ln, Bloomington, MN 55431
Phone: (1) 610-386-5943
HelmetsZone on Folkd: helmetszone | user details | folkd.com

·
Silver member
4,496 Posts
Anyone got any tips to share, any trade secrets?
I'm just gonna sand it down, 800,400,120,80 then spray paint primer, paint, then clear coat.
I'll try it on a spare helmet first.
I had my black Harley half helmet painted at a body shop after I traded it in for my Indian. Painted it old gold. Looks great and glad I had it done, but have no advice for you operationally-wise except go for it. And you might consider putting some metal flake in with the clear coat. I wished that I took the advice and had it done.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Make sure you have the correct paint. As PaulHolland said, you can paint and the effect could be a really cool helmet that has as much protection as a paper bag. I know there are special paints and ways to paint a helmet but I don't know the specifics. I am sure an internet search would turn up all you need.

·
Rider
1,128 Posts
Don't use all the grits of sandpaper you listed. If you are just painting it, use 400 or up to 800. (I do autobody repair and paint). What type of paint are you going to use and what type of application..?? Best to use base/clear. Sure, do the sanding yourself, but best to take it to a small autobody shop, they can make small amounts of color, and clear coat it while they are painting other parts. You will have a much better job done, rather than doing it yourself with "rattle can" paint.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Another option would be to use someone who has experience and whose profession includes painting helmets. I'd contact Franny Drummond jr of Paintzoo. He is located in Langhorne, PA but I'm sure shipping to and from could be arranged. Franny has painted many helmets for hockey goalies including NHL. He also does tanks, wheels, etc. Check out his facebook page for examples.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The instruction that came with my newest Shoie stated that painting the helmet could affect the polymers in the plastic and weaken it structurally. They would not honor warranty on any painted helmet. That being said, many people have painted their helmets, I know a guy who crashed with a helmet he painted himself. Helmet survived just fine, him not so much. He's riding again though, with that helmet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts