Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
# 175
I have the CHK ENG message in the display.Almost 4,000mi and the dealer has not been able to fix it.I can read the code,first the dealer said it wasn't a valid code.When they checked with mother Indian they were told to check the front wheel speed sensor.The wire was pinched from the factory,they replaced it.I still get the code,mother Indian said could be a voltage problem and asked if I keep the bike on a tender(I do).Dealer said they were going to change the battery.Indian said not to change battery and do nothing for now and wait for a download update.How long should I have to wait for a repair? I went to the dealer yesterday and they said no ecu update yet and would probably be no time soon.

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
Does it run ok? Has your dealer indicated it's ok to ride? If so, I say ride until a software update can be flashed on the ECU.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have #591. Sometimes my engine check light comes on If I try taking off before a proper warm up. It will stay on till I pull over and stop the bike and then restart it.

The motors operates on a dry sump system. If this does not correct the problem ask the dealer what the code is telling them? I maybe faulty censor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts