Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone discover what can be done with filling in small dings? don't expect it to be perfect and knew this was part of the deal with matte black, still worth it :)

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I scratched a saddlebag on my Dark Horse reversing into a flower pot at home - it turns out to be white base coat - and found nothing that fills the scratch and looks better than the damage itself. All battle scars are honourable in my mind.

There's a business opportunity for anybody who comes up with something. I've been thinking of marketing a bottle of distilled water that you just spray on. My product will be called 'Learning to Live With the Scratch.' :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I’m a little concerned because when I by a motorcycle I automatically buy touch up paint because of the inevitable scratches and rock dings. To my disappointment Indian doesn’t sell Bronze Smoke touch up paint. At least they didn’t when I bought my bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
670 Posts
A simple fix is matching nail polish. J have bought the Pens at the stealership, only to have them dry up. Not cool for a $20 item. I had a link to a source of these pens for about 4 dollars cheaper. Depending on depth and size of scratch rubbing compound can sometimes remove, or significantly reduce the blemish.

·
Registered
221 Posts
U tube has some pretty good videos that I have used on multiple things in the auto body world and its the know how every time, I've done repairs just as good as any auto body shop surprising myself, tips on polishing wheels to chrome and paint, find it on u tube.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts