Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not certain if someone else may have noted this already...right off the bat I noticed the similarity in the Chieftan fairing compared to that of the Vision. Top it off witht the fact that they incorporated the adjustable windscreen, and I would say that a direct styling and functional cue was taken from the flagship. Agree? Forget the headlight, and fixed versus integrated...take a look at the shape of the edges coming up the to the mirrors. I would assume that this would bode well for the wind management.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a definite comparison between the two. Why not if you are going to copy something that works and is within the same parent company. Instead of copy the other guys that have wind management that does not work very well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And if they went to another design the comments would have been, Oh they had to copy the Harley fairings.

There are only so many designs they can work from.

Oh so they had to copy ......

They're
Dammed if they do,
&
Dammed if they don't...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go with what works and make it different enough that potential customers with little or no past experience with Victory will notice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My question will only be answered after some riders log some seat time in a variety of riding conditions. Here goes:

Like the Vision, will lowers be a desirable accessory to deflect engine heat and to increase the rider's comfort? And, like the initial Cross Country models, will they be needed to decrease buffetting?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a chance to play with the windscreen on a demo ride at Sturgis, though it was a short ride, it seemed quite effective. You could trim the windscreen up until you created a very nice air pocket. As far as it being similar to the Vision, you are correct. Also, they claim to have a variety of windscreen sizes that would allow for some additional adjustment based on rider size and preference. 4' of throw on the adjustment btw. I stated this in a post on another thread, when I mentioned the similarities between the Victory to the Indian folks at Sturgis they got irretated and argumentative with me stating that there isn't a single interchangeable part. I ended the discussion with the simple statement that they are obviously cut from the same cloth, and that they should be proud of that, as the various Victory models are exceptional bikes. Look at about 1:19 for the windshield test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP11Bui6cM4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Victory did a very nice job with a modern interpretation of retro, with a little art deco in the xc, there is some of that design language in the indians. The tail light on the xc did it for me, need some time droolin over the indians before i could say the same.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<em>Indian hasnothing to do with Victory!!!
</em>I think that was a 'part of the plan' from day one, put some <em>distance</em> between the 2.
You can add your own definition as to 'why?'

<em>

</em>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a 2013 CCT and like the Chiefton but they need some hard lowers like the CCT has for great wind and weather protection. I can ride my CCT in the rain and as long as I am moving I do not get wet, if they added some similar protection I think it would be my next scooter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts