Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a new seat built by Russell and don't need my Kuryakan backrest anymore. Comes with the mounting bracket, you just pull it out of the seat when you don't want to use it. I have a 2017 Chieftan Elite. I would like $175.
Thanks, Tim

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tim, if you still have the mounting bracket attached, would you be willing to take a picture with seat on, but the passenger seat removed? I'm interested, but not sure what I'd be seeing from the rear without my passenger seat installed.

Thanks.
Jerry

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jerry,
I certainly would, however I sent the seat off to Russell today. Sorry, I just took those shots after I pulled the seat off to send it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No worries, I'll see if I can find pics elsewhere and make a decision before you sell it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am having a new seat built by Russell and don't need my Kuryakan backrest anymore. Comes with the mounting bracket, you just pull it out of the seat when you don't want to use it. I have a 2017 Chieftan Elite. I would like $175.
Thanks, Tim

I know most people hate to be asked but, is this still available? Thanks for tolerating the question...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know most people hate to be asked but, is this still available? Thanks for tolerating the question...
I don't hate it at all. Thanks for asking, and yes it is still available.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't hate it at all. Thanks for asking, and yes it is still available.

Great, perhaps you won't mind another question. I've read many different opinions on this brand of driver's backrest. Are they adjustable as to the individual rider (eg - height, weight, etc) and are they flexible while riding?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great, perhaps you won't mind another question. I've read many different opinions on this brand of driver's backrest. Are they adjustable as to the individual rider (eg - height, weight, etc) and are they flexible while riding?
Adjustable up and down by kinda clicking in a groove and the pad swivels. The pad has a bracket that mounts to the vertical post through a bolt allowing it to swivel. If you need a different view, I can send a different picture showing what you need to see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Adjustable up and down by kinda clicking in a groove and the pad swivels. The pad has a bracket that mounts to the vertical post through a bolt allowing it to swivel. If you need a different view, I can send a different picture showing what you need to see.

That would be great if you could send other views!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pictures of the vertical adjustment and of the pad swivel. Showing that it can be flipped over for forward or backward adjustment. Any other questions, just squeal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pictures of the vertical adjustment and of the pad swivel. Showing that it can be flipped over for forward or backward adjustment. Any other questions, just squeal.

Thanks for the additional photos. Not sure I completely understand the backward/forward adjustments though. Just curious, where do you live?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you'll notice the offset that is built into the riser bracket, it can be turned in both directions. Giving you something like 3" difference between the two.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you'll notice the offset that is built into the riser bracket, it can be turned in both directions. Giving you something like 3" difference between the two.

OK, do the notches in the riser bracket that allow vertical adjustments have to stay directed towards the front of the bike? Hope that makes sense...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are notches on both sides of the riser so that it works both ways

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's not a pain, you need to be clear on how it works. Don't worry about it, a few questions is no big deal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK,
It's not a pain, you need to be clear on how it works. Don't worry about it, a few questions is no big deal.

[/QUOTE

OK, that makes sense...thanks for sorting that out for me. What would be your bottom dollar on this (plus or minus shipping)?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts