Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed during a demo ride that the Chieftain's windshield rattles over slight road bumps. I tried adjusting the windshield in various positions and still rattles. Once on the highway it's not that noticeable, but I think that's because of the high speed and wind which makes it hard to hear it. Are there any type of rubber grommets or something that can be used to reduce low speed (25-45mph) riding rattle?

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,837 Posts
I'm glad you reminded me of the windshield. Mine doesn't rattle, but I have noticed a whistle at about 70mph. Anyone else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I get a whistle when the windshield is all the way up at hiway speed. If I drop it down 1/4 of an inch, it goes away......no rattle here, but did experience that on a demo bike....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine developed a rattle after about 100 miles, took it back to the dealer and they added either a Teflon or rubber grommet, no more problems.

·
Rider
1,104 Posts
Where was the grommet installed? Was this a missing part, a factory part or somethng they came up with themselves?
Mine developed a rattle after about 100 miles, took it back to the dealer and they added either a Teflon or rubber grommet, no more problems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My windshield doesn't rattle, but the plastic speaker covers did, I removed them and put a bead of clear silicone around the back of them........squeaky no more!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I noticed during a demo ride that the Chieftain's windshield rattles over slight road bumps. I tried adjusting the windshield in various positions and still rattles. Once on the highway it's not that noticeable, but I think that's because of the high speed and wind which makes it hard to hear it. Are there any type of rubber grommets or something that can be used to reduce low speed (25-45mph) riding rattle?
Mine is the same way. I go over railroad tracks or something similar and my windshield rattles big time! I took off the windshield and tightened up a the mounting hardware (what I could reach), but still rattles! Drives me up the wall

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Mine is the same way. I go over railroad tracks or something similar and my windshield rattles big time! I took off the windshield and tightened up a the mounting hardware (what I could reach), but still rattles! Drives me up the wall
Contact TinIndian here on the forum. He engineered an inexpensive kit that will solve the rattle issue for you.

·
Rider
1,140 Posts
Contact TinIndian here on the forum. He engineered an inexpensive kit that will solve the rattle issue for you.
Installed TinIndian anti rattle kit on my 2016 Chieftain, no rattle at all now, 600 miles at highway speeds and all is well, worth every penny, and easy to install! Watch all 3 videos (Bob Krueger) as there are minor updates

Reactions: MilwDave
1 - 10 of 10 Posts