Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Awesome review ROBSMST! Very interesting perspective being able to compare these bikes the way you did.
Thanks for the write up.
...MDHawk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,049 Posts
Great comparison ROBMST.

I agree, the Chieftain is the best stock motorcycle I've ever ridden. I'll be very interested to see what you discover as you explore the outer limits of TS 111 performance.

I agree with you also on the Porsche comparison; my Chieftain reminds me of a Cord roadster; outstanding performance in an elegant grand tourismo machine.

--- Randall

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for your opinion and detailed discriptions

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like the way you did your report. I own a Chieftain and it is the best stock bike I have ever ridden. Better than my stock RG. I have recemtly come across some very interesting dyno numbers from minor modifications. New hi flow intake with a bigger throttle body (60mm), pcv and Lloydz slipons. Check out the numbers.
IMG_374783310159086.jpeg

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I would find it difficult to be mad at a company that literally dragged a brand along for 7 years at a loss. Victory had a good run and was a good bike (I had a Vegas) but it was time. I would never expect a company to loose capital to keep me happy, that is just stupid. Sounds like you cut off your nose to spite your face.....You could have ridden all of those bikes for many years.......

·
Bronze member
1,336 Posts
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!
At some point on this thread, I will post my long term comparison of K1600 and RK CVO to the above bikes. I will even throw in a Honda VFR into the comparison.
So, once again this future comparison of yours will include a bike that really doesn't belong with the other two, eh?!

You know, and as in the thought that that Victory Judge didn't belong with the Indian and the Harley in that FIRST comparo test of yours.

Now, think a minute here. Would not the Honda model that might BEST be in the same category as the Beamer K1600 and this Road King CVO model, ACTUALLY be Honda's new and improved and lighter Gold Wing, and INSTEAD of that VFR you mentioned???

I'll now give ya a minute to think about this, 'cause it appears you're still a bit miffed and preoccupied with the thought of Polaris killin' the Victory line, AND which I suppose I really can't blame ya for, and 'cause I know how it is when I'm miffed about somethin' TOO ya see. Yep, I can't think totally clearheaded in that state of mind EITHER!

LOL <---(...sorry for chucklin' here dude, but ya see SOMETIMES I just tickle myself to no end with some of the stuff I come up with and put in this here internet) ;)

·
Bronze member
1,336 Posts
...But given that this is an Indian site, I will be respectful and just speak to that. And since I did that above in the first few posts, I have nothing else to add. To the point of the audiance, it makes more sense to have my type of post in a general motorcycle forum and not a MFG specific one.

Keep the rubber side down!
Nah, now don't get me wrong here, Rob. I didn't just josh ya here because I'm somehow "defending the brand" here, nor "Polaris" for that matter.

It was just that I don't see how ANYONE, and not just you, can legitimately "compare" motorcycles that are not of the same "genre", for want of a better noun.

OR, how such comparisons are even "useful", for want of another better word.

I mean, don't we already know that large Interstate-style touring machines are probably gonna be a little more comfortable, especially two-up, and hold a little more "stuff" than are smaller SPORT-touring machines, BUT said sport-touring machines ARE probably gonna be a little more "fun" in the twisty stuff and 'cause they're a little lighter than the former mentioned variety of machine?!

And so please don't go assumin' that the reason I was kiddin' ya here was because I'm some kind'a "dyed-in-the-wool one brand faithful" sort'a guy, okay?! 'Cause I'm not.

(...but speakin' of VFRs...OOOH, have I always wanted one of those older gear-driven DOHC models...what a lovely sound those babies make and what a nice bike overall they are...but everybody always holds onto those bikes ya know, and 'cause they know they've got a great and now days fairly collectable bike on their hands)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have to admit I’m somewhat surprised regarding the speed test. Someone, I’m not saying who, but someone, rode his Roadmaster up the Sunshine Skyway doing 120 with it pulling like a freight train, in decent headwind and a passenger onboard.

Just sayin’, the 111 could probably easily hit 140!

Reactions: HBSLAYER
1 - 14 of 14 Posts