Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out that that can tell me what the costs are to add lowers and a tour pack to a 2017 Cheiftain in Canadian dollars?

Also looking to buy a 2017 or newer Roadmaster. I'm in Ontario so please keep that into consideration.

Thank you

·
Registered
203 Posts
I priced it out locally, I too am in Ontario. I stopped at $5,200. Ended up doing a road trip to get a used one off forum member for $1800 USD plus $150 for wrap to match my CDH.
This was just the tour pak with speakers, not the lowers.

·
Bronze member
3,054 Posts
The prices you guys pay are crazy... couldn't you just contact a dealer in the states have them order it... then ride down pay em and mount them? or with the exchange rate it wouldn't make any difference?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey NRG - your best bet is to find one on ebay or for sale every now and then on this site. Otherwise, it really isn't worth the cost. I purchased a trunk directly from Indian when it was a crazy sale price (about a year ago when they clearing out the Springfield Blue color trunks). In order to make it function like the trunk on the Roadmaster, you still would need to puchase the luggage rack, the trunk base, a wiring harness, the speakers, and an amp. Though I saved a lot of money when the trunk itself was on sale, it was an expensive process. If you can ever find one for sale, and it's complete from a Roadmaster - it would probably be much cheaper to purchase it and pay to have it painted. Shipping would be really expensive as well, cause it is big and heavy.

In hindsight, with all the mods I've done to my 2014 Chieftain, I probably would have done better to sell it and get myself a Roadmaster. (I also found a Roadmaster seat on this forum and installed LED head and fog lights.)

·
Rider
875 Posts
It is surprising how well the styling of the aftermarket tour back goes with the styling of the 2019s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
IMHO that's because there is nothing original at all about the 2019 design cues! Looks just like a Harley. No reason the styling shouldn't go well together because it's just more of the same old boring thing. This is entirely my opinion. Others may love it.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
IMHO that's because there is nothing original at all about the 2019 design cues! Looks just like a Harley. No reason the styling shouldn't go well together because it's just more of the same old boring thing. This is entirely my opinion. Others may love it.
I tend to agree with you. But I hate to say it - you will probably have to get used to it. Now that they’ve introduced the new fairing into the roadmaster line for 2020 and didn’t upgrade the Chieftain classic to the 116 motor it’s just a matter of time before the classic styling is phased out completely.

The new faring is cheaper for Indian to make without having to include the passing lights so they are saving money there.

Sometimes I think Indian just started the line with the classic fairing just to get people hooked on the bike and then switched over to the less expensive more modern faring.

But that’s just my opinion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Style aside I wasn't paying 5K Canadian $ for the Indian Trunk!

·
Rider
875 Posts
I see I hit a sore spot. I tend to agree with you. But I hate to say it - you will probably have to get used to it. Now that they’ve introduced the new fairing into the roadmaster line for 2020 and didn’t upgrade the Chieftain classic to the 116 motor it’s just a matter of time before the classic styling is phased out completely.

The new faring is cheaper for Indian to make without having to include the passing lights so they are saving money there.

Sometimes I think Indian just started the line with the classic fairing just to get people hooked on the bike and then switched over to the less expensive more modern faring.

But that’s just my opinion.

I tend to agree with the points you make. It's just sad because there is no originality in design anymore. And that's not only with motorcycles. Look at all the midsize SUV's. They all are nearly carbon copies of each other. I was just at a bike run yesterday and a several Harley owner's were saying they were going to go Indian next time around because the Indian has a better look and style. A piece of artwork was their words. I thought to myself, "well you better do it now because it won't be there later". Just sad really!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I saved about 700 u.s. dollars on my Indian trunk set up by getting it through cheapcycleparts.com cost less then 3500 all in. Including the trunk, mount, speakers, install kit, 4 channel amp, trunk rack. It would have been over $4000 at the dealer

·
Bronze Member
1,557 Posts
Someone is making an aftermarket rack also, cheaper than Indian. Someone here has to remember who.
Innovative Metal Technologies makes a rack for Indian TS11 bikes that attaches to the factory backrest.

Innovative Metal Technologies

I don't know if this is the one that you were thinking of?

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
That link is what I was thinking of, you could bolt on a trunk for a week, then unbolt and have a rack. I use a Motherwell rack solo and attach a Kuryakyn bag on trips.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts