Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an aftermarket solo seat for Chieftain, the stocker is rough for me, I am not a fan of Corbin or Mustang.. Any ideas
Thanks Cleetis

·
Founding member
565 Posts
Every review I read about Russel was so positive, I picked this one up 2nd hand. Ya know, they were right, way comfy.

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
I have a Russell "Daylong", black with fringe solo seat if you're interested...would have to use stock passenger pad in order to use the ncluded backrest. Shoot me an email it you think you might be interested and I'll make you a good price. Sits a little too high for me so I went back to Mustang. [email protected]

seat1.JPG seat3.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Russell "Daylong", black with fringe solo seat if you're interested...would have to use stock passenger pad in order to use the ncluded backrest. Shoot me an email it you think you might be interested and I'll make you a good price. Sits a little too high for me so I went back to Mustang. [email protected]

View attachment 3719 View attachment 3721
Tried to send email to address shown comes back as not a good address, I am interested
Cleetis my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Any of you guys end up with a solo tan stocker you want to part with?

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I took mine to Astech Seats here in Indiana. I know allot of people who had their seats done by them and nothing but positive. They have a website, did my seat for 150.00. Haven't tried it yet due to the cold winter here. Having had spine fusion my ass would get numb after 50 miles. One of the guys who works there also had surgery and told me I know exactly what you need. We shall see.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,048 Posts
Howdy Folks,
It'd be nice if Indian (or someone else) made available a sprung-solo saddle as we've seen mounted on the Cannonball bike, Elnora. That's a good-looking seat.
--- Randall

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,819 Posts
I don't have an Indian yet but I'm wondering if you can modify brackets and make a Harley Police saddle work. I just don't have a bike in front of me to model it and see. Seeing how low some solo saddles are I'm betting a police saddle would be great. Especially a sprung saddle. Anyone want to experiment in the Dallas area, contact me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took mine to Astech Seats here in Indiana. I know allot of people who had their seats done by them and nothing but positive. They have a website, did my seat for 150.00. Haven't tried it yet due to the cold winter here. Having had spine fusion my ass would get numb after 50 miles. One of the guys who works there also had surgery and told me I know exactly what you need. We shall see.
I live in indianapolis,indiana and would like to have my seat redone it sits me to far forward do you have any contact info? how did your seat turn out? any help would be appreciated dan indian vintage

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in indianapolis,indiana and would like to have my seat redone it sits me to far forward do you have any contact info? how did your seat turn out? any help would be appreciated dan indian vintage
Well it is better, but due to my lower spine surgery I think with this seat it's about as good as it is going to get. Maybe I will hook up with someone who has a Corbin or Mustang seat and they will let me try it out.
Better than it was, but!!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
f you want your Seat rebuilt , Send it to Mean City Cycles , They rebuilt my Danny Gray Seat for My Road Glide , and Put Impact Gel and Hospital 5 Grade Memory foam , and they can move you back or Forward , Check out Impact Gel on you tube , will blow you away , plus with the Impact gel on bottom , memory foam on top , Gel does not get Hot !!, Gary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts