Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the bag lock switch is single pole double throw, momentary or single pole om-off-on or off - on rocker it looks like its rocker switch but cannot tell if it on or off or momentary ?

Terry

·
Registered
84 Posts
Messing with the one on my Chieftain, I would claim that each is momentary. It makes no sense for them to be anything other. FWIW, I am looking for another of these switches..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After much research and talking to the techs at Indian (they were very helpful by the way) I learned a couple things. First off yes they are momentary switches, they operate what is basicly a computer controlled switching assembly, They will not handle anything beyond micro amps. I went as far as building a couple latching relay boards to handle the amperage of the LED lights (even low amp LEDs are more than the switches could handle. The relays I used were on the edge of the limits, you could use the factory board for the bag lock as relay accuator but the cost factor is scary:) I just built my own and then used two factory bag switches to operate the lighting. I also recommend that you just eat the $76 each, and buy new from the factory, everything I tried used was pretty sad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts