Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need input on personal experience with a tinted vs clear as far as visibility when night driving. Is the tinted dark enough to cause problems? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Talking about the klockwerks one? I have the lighter tint option. It’s light enough that night riding isn’t an issue. Don’t think I’d want the darker option.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talking about the klockwerks one? I have the lighter tint option. It’s light enough that night riding isn’t an issue. Don’t think I’d want the darker option.
I didn't know Indian had more than 1 option for a tinted screen.

·
Registered
950 Posts
If you’re talking about the one that they call Flared it’s a polycarbonate shield made by klockwerks. So if you have RevZilla points you should grab it there. On the RevZilla website you get three tint options. The Polaris branded only offers the one and it’s a very light tint.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you’re talking about the one that they call Flared it’s a polycarbonate shield made by klockwerks. So if you have RevZilla points you should grab it there. On the RevZilla website you get three tint options. The Polaris branded only offers the one and it’s a very light tint.
Is the light tint the one you have? I think that is what I would like.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Is the light tint the one you have? I think that is what I would like.
yep! The three options are light tint, dark smoke, and black. The dark smoke looks awesome but significantly impedes vision in lower light. The black is not see through at all.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yup I got a freedom shield with light tint,works great at night,and a suttle tint in the day.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
950 Posts
With the re curve you should be able to leave it below your vision line and still have it send the air over your head.
This, this right here. The one and only reason to get that shield. It’s a bit shorter than the stock Roadmaster shield, even though I picked the taller of the two offerings. It offers the exact same riding experience for me as the stock shield except that I look well over it instead of looking through it. Massive visibility boost.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I installed the Indian flair screen and this is what I got. Horrible reflection form the white t-shirt I was wearing. Indian calls this a 13.9" height but in reality it is 2" shorter than that. Indian measures from the bottom of the screen to the top whereas all other mfg.measure from the lower mounting hole to the top. I called Klockwerks and was told that the one they make for Indian is to what Polaris specs are, as they are not made the same as the ones that Klockwerks sells. Pic is attached showing the reflection I was getting which was right in my sight line. needless to say it is going back. I ordered one from Klockwerks which measures 14" with the tint. I know many will say that all I had to do was lower it a bit as they advocate looking over it but when my wife rides with me I need to be able to raise it in order to deflect the wind more for her comfort.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I’ve never seen the indian spec shield in person. I have the taller of the two klockwerks in the light tint and I haven’t had any reflection issues. I’m 6’2” and look over the shield when it is all the way up.

Well I installed the Indian flair screen and this is what I got. Horrible reflection form the white t-shirt I was wearing. Indian calls this a 13.9" height but in reality it is 2" shorter than that. Indian measures from the bottom of the screen to the top whereas all other mfg.measure from the lower mounting hole to the top. I called Klockwerks and was told that the one they make for Indian is to what Polaris specs are, as they are not made the same as the ones that Klockwerks sells. Pic is attached showing the reflection I was getting which was right in my sight line. needless to say it is going back. I ordered one from Klockwerks which measures 14" with the tint. I know many will say that all I had to do was lower it a bit as they advocate looking over it but when my wife rides with me I need to be able to raise it in order to deflect the wind more for her comfort. View attachment 596982

1 - 15 of 15 Posts