Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Chieftain Pullback Bars are actually 2" more pullback for a 2015 ???? I know they would be a 2" pullback for a 2014, but aren't the 2015's already more pullback than the 2014's ?? Also wondering about the hand grip angle. Same as 2015 or not ?? How could someone find this information ??

·
Founding member
761 Posts
Does anyone know if the Chieftain Pullback Bars are actually 2" more pullback for a 2015 ???? I know they would be a 2" pullback for a 2014, but aren't the 2015's already more pullback than the 2014's ?? Also wondering about the hand grip angle. Same as 2015 or not ?? How could someone find this information ??
I've been trying to find out that same answer. I was at the dealer 2 weeks ago and they told me part # 2879586-410 is the one I need. They didn't have one in stock to check out. But when I came home I also found part# 2879586-156. So which one has the same wrist angle as the 2015 bars? I've sent a pm to pioneer scot who has them to try and find out. Maybe he will read this and answer our question.

Tom

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As Follow-Up to this thread, I purchased and installed the 'Touring pullback' bars on my 2015 Chieftain. They DID NOT move the bars 2" closer to the rider, but only about 1". They are also wider than the stock bars which, to some extent, negates the 1" they are moved back

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need the pullback. Now what do I need to do? Are there other options?
If you have a 2014 vs a 2015 the pullbacks will have different affects. The Indian pullbacks are about the only game in town for getting the bars back. There may be 1 other set of extended bars (Dirty Bird ???) that will fit the Chieftain, but they're about twice the cost.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2015, and I looked at DirtyBird, but they appear to be risers. I need pull back. I like the idea of raising the bars a lot, but I also need pullback as well. I'm stumped??????!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2015, and I looked at DirtyBird, but they appear to be risers. I need pull back. I like the idea of raising the bars a lot, but I also need pullback as well. I'm stumped??????!!!!!!!!
Yep, I hear ya Evil. I felt the same way and couldn't find anything but the Indian pullbacks and finally, out of frustration, got them and installed them. Good luck to you. If you find something let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just came home from a 2000 mile ride and while coming home on the 101 south through the redwoods it came to me that my short 5'5" body and short arms could use about another inch or two pull back to I could sit up a bit straighter. I thought about the pull backs but not sure it that would be enough. Its not a killer problem but would be nice. If it only is a gain of an inch then maybe I'll think of other things to spend money on. I really don't want to stretch out wider... that would defeat the entire purpose.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have ridden bout 2k miles with the new pullback from Indian. They did help me. They may have widened a tad, but if so, it was very minimal. I think the pull back was a tad over an inch back. Perfect for me. Good luck to you. I love them. I did notice that the chrome had a copper hue though. I don't know if this is the case with all, but mine are not as brilliant as the other chrome parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts