Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I just bought the new 2020 Chieftain Ltd and I’m loving it. I was able to update the Ride command software and download the Europe Map but I’m having problems trying to get GPS working. Am I missing something here? It just goes on infinite loop trying to lock on a position but it just cannot find any. Being probably the only Italian to own such model I’m having a hard time finding a solution. Italian support is almost non-existent. I was told by the seller this new model has GPS but I’m starting to have doubts. Any of you might be able to help?
Thank you and big ciao dall’Italia!

·
Rider
423 Posts
Is this out in open country? It won't work inside a garage,
The satellites are the same as everywhere else, and if the map is correct then it is your GPS head unit or antenna playing up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is. I even went for a quick ride this morning to see if I could get the signal while moving. The European base map file correctly shows on the menu but on the navigation screen it won’t load. It just seems unlikely to have a faulty antenna on a brand new bike... but I’m starting to think this might be the case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 2020 RMDH. Took it to the dealer and they have been back and forth with Polaris on the issue. So far no resolution. I suspect an issue with the receiver but waiting to hear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In France, we have the same problem on the 2020 models. The Indian Europe GPS does not work well. It is not the satellite reception, but the software. Unable to find an address.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts