Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all im looking to ride back from Melbourne to Perth bout 3600k's just looking to see how many k's Miles to a tank and at what speeds it'll be brand new so I know the Motor it'll still be tight any info would be great

·
Founding member
732 Posts
Hey all im looking to ride back from Melbourne to Perth bout 3600k's just looking to see how many k's Miles to a tank and at what speeds it'll be brand new so I know the Motor it'll still be tight any info would be great
I fill up at 200miles. and average 42 mpg. Or when the light comes on. Depends on how hard I am on the throttle ;-)

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I find mileage depends heavily on my speed. Once I'm touring over 100kph it really starts to drink the motion lotion. Fuel economy is best when stopped with engine idling at zero.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I find I get outstanding mileage when I go to work from my home in woodland Park CO (9000ft) to fort Carson (6270ft) not so much on the way home!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Bluey
You could ride up Pikes Peak highway to the top or Pikes Peak 14000 +ft, then sit on your idling bike with the winds at that altitude feel like your doing a 100K per hour.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Anything over 200 miles on a tank is pushing it for me. The light comes on way to soon so I just watch my average MPG's and do the math in my head. 40 MPG's means you consume 5 gallons of gas at 200 miles leaving 1/2 gallon left when you gas up. That's about as close as I would want get to running out.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just have 440 miles and average 36.5 to 37.2 mpg which is 15.5 to 15.8 km/L

YMMV

·
Registered
195 Posts
320 kms or 200 miles at 60 - 65 mph

·
Bronze member
1,245 Posts
Depending on the Gasoline. No Ethanol Gas I get 200 Miles to Around 4.3 gallons with the Up To 10% Ethanol its around 200 miles to 5.1 gallons. So somewhere around 200 miles regardless of MPG and terrain. That shows on the Gas Gauge as below empty. I just figure I will get 180 Miles a tank then I have to start looking for the Gas Station. That is about 60 miles more than the best I ever got on my Gilroy Roadmaster.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I live in the Texas Hill Country and most roads I ride 65 to 75 mph most of the time, I average about 220 miles before I need gas. Have Indian stage one and stage two installations on my 2015 Chieftain along with a Power Commander 5. Just over 30,000 miles on my 20 month old 2015.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
14 Posts
My gas light consistently comes on right around 140 miles (+/- 5). I upgraded to a 60mm Throttle Body, Llyodz performance slip-ons, and a PCV. I also had it dyno'd. Would expect less on the mpg, but 33-35 seem quite low. Never the less, I prefer the performance, so it's worth the lower mileage.

·
Registered
808 Posts
180 to 215 on my mostly stock Chieftain, depending on conditions, road-speed, right-hand activity, terrain, etc

1 - 20 of 30 Posts