Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

chieftain fit vs CCT

1K views 4 replies 0 participants last post by  McKoi1 
G
#1 ·
Went to wagner powersports in Worceter Ma for the demo truck, was told there was at least 1-1/2 hour waiting list for the demo rides so i can only give ergonmic comparission against my CCT. for reference i am 5' 8' and i have HMD pullback bars installed on my bike.
It is a tighter cockpit than the vic, the stock handle bars put a bit more bend in my elbow than my pull backs. With my feet all the way foward on the floorboards my knees are bent a little bit more than the vic The forks are closer to the tank which results in the fairing hanging slightly over the tank. I dont consider these to be something that is wrong with the bike because it was a good fit it is just a comparision to the CCT. My first impression of the CCT was 'why is the fairing so far away' but after 1-1/2 years on a CCT it seams normal. Huge brake and shit pedals but no heal shifter, and the relation of the shifter to the floorboard i dont know if it can be done unless it come out under and behind the floor board. The windshield fully extended puts it below my eye level all the way down about shoulder level. balance on the showroom floor is about the same grips are thicker and are not tapered. The lay out of the electronic controls are a bit more intuitive and the electronic display shows the trip milage the range and odometer with out having to toggle through. Ergonomicaly the only thing i was not thrilled with was the air filter cover pushing your left leg out away from the tank, nothing you could not get used to. If i were looking for a bike it would definitly be in contention.

See less See more
G
#3 ·
2009 said:
I think I would have waited 90 minutes to ride one. Must have been a busy day for you. Thanks for the comments.
Late start to get there and we wanted to hit MOMS victory in foxboro before they ran out of pulled pork and they could not gaurantee me a chieftian to demo. It was more of a coriosty factor the vic fells to good to consider giving up, but if i win the power ball i'll be there tomorrow.

G
#4 ·
Had a good time at Mom's today picked up My CR Classic LE, perfect day to ride. I have an appointment for the 1:30 slot at Wagnersd was going to cxancell but may go out of curiosity and demo any way. The CR LE was to good of a deal loaded, compared to the Indian.

G
#5 ·
11222 said:
Had a good time at Mom's today picked up My CR Classic LE, perfect day to ride. I have an appointment for the 1:30 slot at Wagnersd was going to cxancell but may go out of curiosity and demo any way. The CR LE was to good of a deal loaded, compared to the Indian.
Did you leave with a group of 6 vics and a VTX, if so it was nice riding with you, i was right behind you with 'dopey' as my passanger

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.