Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my DH in 2016 and added haed saddle bags to it, month before the DH Chieftain came out.
I really like the look of the fairing and I am wondering if one of you guys made this approach and added an oem Chieftain fairing to his DH.
I know it must be horrible expensive but I am really curious about. Does a list exists about all the parts required? Are there and unsolvable problems, is there a caculated price available?
Yeah, i know selling my 2016 buying a 2018 might be the best way but I do not want to sell my DH.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I put a Dragonfly fairing on my 2017 Dark Horse this winter and love it. About 1000$ which included over a hundred in shipping costs.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Affordable is not really in these cards unless you salvage another bike. The outer main fairing is affordable from the aftermarket, but inner and dozens of other parts are very pricey in total.

·
Founding Member
1,929 Posts
I think you would be better off trading your DH in on a lightly used CDH, that would get you there for far less than all the parts and a considerable amount of labor, and hassle getting it all working. Anything is possible, but just because you can does not mean maybe you should. Good luck with your path.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts