Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Also, if you do put a pouch or bag on the dash infront of the windshield you will block the openings that allow wind to come through to the operator with the windshield fully up

·
Registered
191 Posts
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
15829034598_f430c6cba6_h-2.jpg
Has anyone come up with a dash bag or maybe windshield for the Chieftain.
This has done the trick for me, I took it off my HD and put it on my RM it is a Kuryakyn bag for an HD with a brow on the dash. you will need to take the wind shield off and use 4 small screws. Run the window up and down and make sure you have clearance.
Roadmaster will go across the windshield in Indian font in 3M chrome then a black out behind the font with the same curve as the shield to finish it off.
15829034598_f430c6cba6_h-2.jpg

Reactions: Dan_Frisbie

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,763 Posts
This has done the trick for me, I took it off my HD and put it on my RM it is a Kuryakyn bag for an HD with a brow on the dash. you will need to take the wind shield off and use 4 small screws. Run the window up and down and make sure you have clearance. View attachment 4151
Can you post more pics from different angles?
That looks like a possibility for me

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Looks good and seems to be a nice fit

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
This has done the trick for me, I took it off my HD and put it on my RM it is a Kuryakyn bag for an HD with a brow on the dash. you will need to take the wind shield off and use 4 small screws. Run the window up and down and make sure you have clearance. View attachment 4151
Got one of them hanging around. Maybe I can use it now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Reposted with some angled shots

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 4330 View attachment 4331 View attachment 4151

This has done the trick for me, I took it off my HD and put it on my RM it is a Kuryakyn bag for an HD with a brow on the dash. you will need to take the wind shield off and use 4 small screws. Run the window up and down and make sure you have clearance.
Roadmaster will go across the windshield in Indian font in 3M chrome then a black out behind the font with the same curve as the shield to finish it off.
View attachment 4151
Hi Bob. I know this is an old post, so you've now had plenty of time to run with this dash installation. Can you update us on how/if the airflow has been affected? Any new wind buffeting or anything? Has the 4 screw held up to the task of rough roads and high winds (and Hell waters!). Regards, Richard

·
Bronze member
1,245 Posts
Not sure about a leather one but I am waiting on some kydex and was going to build one to fit the narrow space and allow for the wind. The box is not the issue that I was worried about it is the access (lid) to the box. Leather, leatherette, Naugahyde, kydex. Not sure about a lock on it. but I was gonna start trying to mock one up. Still gotta wait in the Kydex though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts