Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my bike was not reading the tire pressure, i looked over here and ordered the EL-50448 Reset tool, tried everything without look, i tried for like 3 days and no luck.

Today i took it to the dealer and the mechanic, called me half hour later that they were all ok

My question is, does anyone knows if they may have changed the sensors? is there any voodoo thing to do that i forgot ? i tried even to take the fender and the seat off, ran the bike over 30mph to awake the sensors, nada, nothing, zero.

I have read all threads about it an it seems pretty simple but i just couldnt make it to work.

Any ideas ?

·
Founding member
1,132 Posts
I don't have any advice on how to fix yours, but wanted to let you know that mine have not worked more then they have worked. I stopped trying to figure it out and now test them the old fashion way... No more frustration trying to figure out why. I did just see an interesting tool, which is maybe what you already tried, listed in the "What did you do to your Chieftain today? thread. Sorry couldn't help except to let you know that you're not alone. lol
I have a '14 Chieftain btw

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i did use that Reset tool, the guy at the dealer made them work in lest than half an hour so i assume either their tool is different or my sensors are diferent thant those that have used the tool.

·
146 Posts
When My TPMS failed on my 19 classic I tried the tester a purchased from Amazon , 180 degrees from the valve. Got the front to work but not the rear. Was good for a few days but again stopped working. Reset the front again, worked for a while. Next I stopped in at a dealer , they tried unsuccessfully for over an hour to get either one to work.
They shut off the system and wrote up a case number that another dealer could refer to when I get new tires. May need a new VCM and sensors.
But as the mechanic said , and I agree, You will know when you get a flat and even when the system is working tires should be checked when cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts