Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Chieftain Chrome Saddlebag Trim?

9K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Charlie Mike 
#1 ·
Anyone know where you can get the chrome saddlebag trim identified in the photo? I've looked everywhere (online), but can't seem to find any.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Thanks,

See less See more
#20 ·
I laid my bike over after I installed the rear bag guards (rear crash bars) . I did this on purpose, in my garage, in a controlled manner. The bag guard touched the ground just about 1/8" before the bag would have. If the bags had the bag protectors on them, they would have been on the ground before the bag guards. It seems that they might would damage the bags if the bike fell over, or was dropped, where the bags may only get scratched if it was dropped without the protectors and just having the rear guards installed.

Does this make sense?

#21 ·
It seems that they might would damage the bags if the bike fell over, or was dropped, where the bags may only get scratched if it was dropped without the protectors and just having the rear guards installed.
That's exactly what I though and why I was asking how they actually mount. I don't need decorations causing problems. Foot pegs cause that as well though and I do have them but figure if that was to happen I probably wouldn't be in any shape to care anyway.

#24 ·
Ah. I'd think that depends on the type of pegs, and how they are mounted. I've got the Kuryakyn
Offset pegs Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway Pegs with Offset and 1-1/4in. Magnum Quick Clamps - LeatherUp.com on mine. They mounted and oriented in a manner that allows them to fold more inward than upward. They drag the ground just before my floorboards do, kind of like another notification of lean angle before the floorboards touch. But they wont grab the pavement as they fold when they touch the ground. If my bike falls over, they just fold up. If I bump something going forward with them, they fold up. I wish I could say this was on purpose, but it wasnt. I mounted them where they felt good, and the rest just worked out that way. My setup works great for me.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.